+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Joe Millionaire' Set for Oct. 20 Bow on Fox

FORT Newbie

I SAW the preview:
    In case you haven't yet seen a pic of him, he was blond, with big muscles, and a strong Texas accent. The promo was sung to the tune of "Ghost Riders in the Sky." "Riding out from Texas..." The women were mostly --if not ALL--Caucasian.

They OUGHT to have gone with MY idea--use a WOMAN, who was older ( I had thought of offering MYSELF, as "Jo Millionairess,"--but felt that either the woman should BE older, and LOOK older, OR BE older, and look HOT!!!!!!!! Like those Las Vegas showgirls, that I saw on Inside edition. )
    That man looked DULLSVILLE. YES. We saw the preview, at the nearly-last commercial break, on Boston Public ( and BTW, Evan was poised to appear as a football coach, on that show--but has yet to hear back from them. In the Men's Journal August 2003 issue, Missy Halperin, Fox public-relations executive--who'd gotten Evan Super Bowl Tickets, et.al., etc., had tried to get him that part ).
    I HOPE the women will be worthwhile, because I think the man will be a waste of time. BUT
    I'd thought that about Aaron Buerge, too, when I first saw HIM in previews. Blond hair, big chin, big muscles. Not impressive, said I.
    BUT he WAS sexy, good looking--interesting to watch ( though, by most accounts, he's QUITE a prick. He'd refused to properly honor the auction bid, of a group of drag queens, which wasn't fair, by only having dinner with them, when his restaurant was closed--and they sent OUT to another restaurant, for their food! AND he was two-timing that stripper he was dating--lying to her about the other woman, saying she was making up things--until she produced pix of them cuddling.
    It's pretty WEIRD that there isn't yet any pix up of this! SOMEBODY should do vidcaps, if Fox doesn't put them up, soon! I've checked Fox News, too.
    I've checked http://www.realitynewsonline.com, thesmokinggun.com, sirlinksalot.net, and if I was at another library, I could check various newspapers, but I'm not at that database, today.

LG.
    I watched the Friday night "preview" of Joe Millionaire and I wasn't wildly impressed with this year's Joe. If they're going to get a studly cowboy, they should have got Survivor 2's Colby, as gosh knows he's no millionaire, after having handed the million dollar prize to Tina and his less than red-hot acting career post S:2. At least he'd be interesting to watch. Ugh. Poor women of the world, subjected to this humiliation for the viewing entertainment of America and every other country that buys the rights to air this show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular
    Potential spoliers below...

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read somewhere (thought it was on this board) that 'Joe' will actually be a woman and that some of her suitors will be gay. I cant vouch for the valiidty of any of this, just something I read somewhere on the Internet (so it must be true)

I finally saw the preview, I will try and get some caps next time I see it, I didn't have my remote handy to record it.

The guy kind of looks like a cross between Wade from FLOM2 and Woody Harrelson , at first glance. I don't know, I didn't get the best look, but that was what came to mind.

It showed a lot of the women, and they are all pretty, of course.

Not true, ICLA. The new Joe will be a Texan guy with a thick Texan accent and cowboy boots, and the women will be international.

At least according to the commercial I saw the other day.

LG.
    Yeah, I'm with John. I saw the Fox "preview" of Joe II last Friday and they showed the guy, who unlike Evan knows how to ride a horse, but it's not from playing polo, mind you. He's a Texas cowboy, and the accent is so thick that even American women would need a translator. The women are from different countries, mostly European from the looks of them, and I think they all speak English, but that doesn't mean they'll understand Joe. Maybe they're going to say he's an oil barron, when really he's a cowpoke.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    As my dad said, "Anyone who watches this must be on crack"

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Potential spoliers below...

Click to see Spoiler:
    I read somewhere (thought it was on this board) that 'Joe' will actually be a woman and that some of her suitors will be gay. I cant vouch for the valiidty of any of this, just something I read somewhere on the Internet (so it must be true)

That was a Hollywood Reporter story about FOX putting a show together like that, and someone suggested that it might be JM2 under a codename. Before long, the Star tabloid picked it up, and everyone was led to believe it was certainty.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I was just coming to post I saw the commercial too.
    Guy= texan, everyone knows all texans are rich ( don't fall over laughing Sher)
    Girls= girls they kidnapped from foreign countries.Evryone knows All Americans are rich
    Imported gold diggers!

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I was just coming to post I saw the commercial too.
    Guy= texan, everyone knows all texans are rich ( don't fall over laughing Sher)
    Girls= girls they kidnapped from foreign countries.Evryone knows All Americans are rich
    Imported gold diggers!
    And if they are gold diggers, they won't even care if he has the money or not, they just want a green card. They can exchange Joe for something better later on... Gotta be practical about it.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast