Closed Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Jersey Shore on MTV

This premiered last night (Thursday) on MTV 10pm. Did anyone watch?

Summer at the Jersey Shore kicks off when eight soon-to-be roommates move into their summer share. Romance heats up between Sammy and Mike, but all might be lost when the guys invite three random girls to join them in the hot tub. Meanwhile, Snookie comes on way too strong, and finds herself the outcast. She can only hope that first impressions won't be lasting impressions.
    KAREN

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Didn't catch it last night, but keep hearing about how Itailian Americans want the show off the air because its too stereotypical or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3762324;
    Didn't catch it last night, but keep hearing about how Itailian Americans want the show off the air because its too stereotypical or something like that.
    Oh man, it was crazy. I am not Italian but I can see after watching TWO hours of this show last night how Italian Americans are up in arms about it....does not really make them look all that good.

All this GUIDO talk throughout the whole show. Girls looking for Guido type men are called GuidoETTES.....

One fellow, from RI, had a SUITCASE full of hair spray and combs!!!
    KAREN

FORT Newbie

This show has to be fake. It looks like it was filmed Real World style but it seems so scripted. It comes off more like the Hills from what I've seen on The Soup. I think they took the idea from the True Life episode a few years ago and then wrote out a season.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3762348;
    Oh man, it was crazy. I am not Italian but I can see after watching TWO hours of this show last night how Italian Americans are up in arms about it....does not really make them look all that good.

All this GUIDO talk throughout the whole show. Girls looking for Guido type men are called GuidoETTES.....

One fellow, from RI, had a SUITCASE full of hair spray and combs!!!
    I DVR'd the show. Didn't realize it was about kids -- ripped, greased up gavones. I'm Italian and they're embarrassing. I just erased it after about 20 minutes. The girls were worse than the guys. Horrible show. They all make the Gotti kids look preppy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I watched bits and pieces of it. My boyfriend is Italian-American and pretty disgusted by what he saw/heard so we probably wouldn't watch again. I can see why people got up in arms about it. My bf doesn't think these people are embracing or proud of their heritage as much as they are the camera and loving the spotlight. We were trying to guess which ones would likely consider the D-list MTV/VH-1 trend of popping up another reality show where they can do more of the same. Yeah, it's not an original idea. A bunch of people living at the beach with cameras following their every move, every sex romp, every drinking binge, every drunk fueled fight? Been there, done that about 100 times.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3762592;
    I watched bits and pieces of it. My boyfriend is Italian-American and pretty disgusted by what he saw/heard so we probably wouldn't watch again. I can see why people got up in arms about it. My bf doesn't think these people are embracing or proud of their heritage as much as they are the camera and loving the spotlight. We were trying to guess which ones would likely consider the D-list MTV/VH-1 trend of popping up another reality show where they can do more of the same. Yeah, it's not an original idea. A bunch of people living at the beach with cameras following their every move, every sex romp, every drinking binge, every drunk fueled fight? Been there, done that about 100 times.

well i am from jersey and it u go to seaside that is exactly what you see there. down at the Jersey shore that is all you see the quidos running around making idiots of themselves..It is not fake it has been like that my whole life.

FORT Regular

I caught a teaser and it showed a guy decking a girl, stone cold, to the face.

WTF...

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

2 hours of that late show last night when I couldn't sleep. What a trainwreck. I can certainly understand why Italian Americans want that show off the air. It's pretty terrible. I'm slightly ashamed of myself for even watching it, but it was that or infomercials at 4am.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dominos has pulled it's advertising that was airing during the show. UNICO, the Italian-American group that urged MTV to pull the show, said they've received a lot of complaints over the stereotyping from Italian-Americans.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast