Closed Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Wow, people get way too worked up over things.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3771091;
    Even if she won some token "pain and suffering" amount, she still has to collect that judgment, how much money to you think a high school gym teacher living in NYC has?
    I have posted this before....I completely see that Snooki is ANNOYING as HECK.........but Teach should have kept his HANDS TO HIMSELF! PERIOD.

Who cares if he does not make that much as a high school gym teacher living in NYC....he needs to keep his hands to himself (or pay) AND for what its worth, I am glad this is the PUNCH SEEN 'ROUND THE WORLD. The Teach is a JERK....."hey Teach, next time a girl in a bar annoys you, here is a tip, WALK AWAY"!!!! Or pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3771177;
    Wow, people get way too worked up over things.
    KAREN

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3771091;
    Read all of the posts, he's already been through the criminal justice system and has been sentenced. He was arrested in the preview clip, what did you think the police just let him go charge free?

Additionally, a civil suit would only pay to recoup actual losses. I'm willing to bet MTV footed the actual medical bills. Even if she won some token "pain and suffering" amount, she still has to collect that judgment, how much money to you think a high school gym teacher living in NYC has?
    Probably something was worked out with MTV so she doesn't sue. I did see the clip of him getting arrested and even if she didn't want to press charges, it can be seen as a domestic dispute and the police don't really have a choice. I'm not going to get in the debate of whether the guy is a serial abuser based on one clip where he happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. But this guy probably doesn't want to come anywhere near Snooki again, even for an apology.

Did anyone else catch some of the cast on Leno? I was flipping channels last night, and suddenly there was Snookie, "The Situation", and that DJ guy on a mock quiz show; it was so ridiculous I think it must have been rehearsed (faking a lack of knowledge), but it was funny nonetheless.

I found the segment on hulu, which I hope is okay to link.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3771325;
    Did anyone else catch some of the cast on Leno? I was flipping channels last night, and suddenly there was Snookie, "The Situation", and that DJ guy on a mock quiz show; it was so ridiculous I think it must have been rehearsed (faking a lack of knowledge), but it was funny nonetheless.

I found the segment on hulu, which I hope is okay to link.
    With this group I'm not too sure it wasn't for real I didn't see it, but glad this show has brought them the great opportunities it brings every reality show D-lister. I wonder what MTV/VH-1 reality show they'll end up on next. Or what talk show. First Jimmy Kimmel, now Leno.

Are they still not going to show the punch? I find it weird that they have a problem with showing that, but have no problem airing Amber shoving and then slapping her fiancee in the face on Teen Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3771437;
    Are they still not going to show the punch? I find it weird that they have a problem with showing that, but have no problem airing Amber shoving and then slapping her fiancee in the face on Teen Mom.
    I don't know why they aren't showing it considering it's all over the place and everyone knows about it. It could be the double standard-man hits girl, so we can't air that because we don't want to promote violence. But two guys going at, two girls involved in a hair pulling cat fight, or a girl hitting a guy? I guess they consider that viewable TV.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3771292;
    I have posted this before....I completely see that Snooki is ANNOYING as HECK.........but Teach should have kept his HANDS TO HIMSELF! PERIOD.

Who cares if he does not make that much as a high school gym teacher living in NYC....he needs to keep his hands to himself (or pay) AND for what its worth, I am glad this is the PUNCH SEEN 'ROUND THE WORLD. The Teach is a JERK....."hey Teach, next time a girl in a bar annoys you, here is a tip, WALK AWAY"!!!! Or pay the price.

You'll have to show me where I condoned his violent act....I never did.

I merely pointed out that suing someone and winning is the easy part. Collecting the judgment is the difficult part, I doubt he has any assets to place a lean against, and it costs money to sue someone.

There are likely very practical reasons why she didn't sue, but of course all of the internet attorneys will post here how she should sue based solely on the MTV 10 second clip.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3771317;
    ... I'm not going to get in the debate of whether the guy is a serial abuser based on one clip where he happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. But this guy probably doesn't want to come anywhere near Snooki again, even for an apology.
    He may not be a "serial abuser," but no way does someone just one day suddenly punch someone in the face like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3771487;
    I merely pointed out that suing someone and winning is the easy part. Collecting the judgment is the difficult part, I doubt he has any assets to place a lean against, and it costs money to sue someone.
    IMHO, it wouldn't matter if the judgment was collected or not. To me, it would be a matter of principle. No one has a right to hit another person. Even if no money would ever be collected, a judgment against him would surely make him think twice about things.

Closed Thread