Closed Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3768635;
    The students. They said their teacher did talk with them about the incident and explained he was drinking, but didn't make any excuses for his behavior (he's a gym teacher). They said he's a really cool and nice teacher and they were shocked he'd do something like that but said they believe the incident got out of control and didn't believe he was like that in real life.

I don't condone what the teacher did, but that incident, MTV previewing it, then not showing it, shows even more what a train wreck this show (and those like it) are. Those kids above probably see nothing wrong with it and stand behind him because that's all these shows are about-getting drunk, getting laid, and fighting.
    I think that a man punching a woman (in the face, no less) is totally wrong and despicable!!! And I definitely do not condone what the guy did, BUT Snooki, you were asking for it!!!! Begging for it!!! Your big, obnoxious, foul mouth in the guy's face and you are SURPRISED when he decks you???????? Where do you get off, thinking you're entitled to be so abrasive and obnoxious to people and that there won't be any consequences??? No, he should not have hit you, but girl, you deserved it! Maybe you'll think twice, and be a little nicer and more respectful to people, the next time you have the urge to get up in somebody else's face with your big mouth and horrible behavior.

I heard last night on TMZ that MTV has definitely pulled that episode w/Snooki getting punched.
    Maybe she deserved it, maybe she was annoying him but the guy was absolutely completely wrong to have done what he did.....I wish they would SHOW THE EPISODE; as it would make him look like the bigger jerk that he already has become w/o even airing it.
    TMZ has run it allot and in very slow motion....the guy just really hauls off and really punches her very very hard. She goes flying to the floor.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3769135;
    I heard last night on TMZ that MTV has definitely pulled that episode w/Snooki getting punched.
    Maybe she deserved it, maybe she was annoying him but the guy was absolutely completely wrong to have done what he did.....I wish they would SHOW THE EPISODE; as it would make him look like the bigger jerk that he already has become w/o even airing it.
    TMZ has run it allot and in very slow motion....the guy just really hauls off and really punches her very very hard. She goes flying to the floor.
    And he didn't spill a single drop of his drink......seriously look at the footage.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3768635;
    The students. They said their teacher did talk with them about the incident and explained he was drinking, but didn't make any excuses for his behavior (he's a gym teacher). They said he's a really cool and nice teacher and they were shocked he'd do something like that but said they believe the incident got out of control and didn't believe he was like that in real life.
    The students may be too young to realize it, but that type of violent behavior doesn't just happen overnight. That degree of anger has been within him for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3765350;
    JERSEY SHORE NICKNAME GENERATOR!!!

Ok, FORT fans, if you want to know YOUR Jersey Shore nickname....here you go, click this on and have some fun.

MY Jersey Shore nickname is: The Princess of Paramus

Jersey Shore Nickname Generator - Unlikely Words - A blog of Boston, Providence, and the world

HA HA HA!!! MINE IS: The Marisa Tomei of the Bronx

As a proud & out Jerseyan I had to give it a try but even I -- with my seriously low TV standards -- hated it. I grew up w/plenty of Guidos and the Jersey shore so this is nothing new or interesting to me.

But I'm enjoying this thread so keep up the snark!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not even sure why MTV is not bothering showing that episode/clip. It's everywhere now. So basically I look at it as MTV takes another bite of the controversy and plays it up then pretends to take the high road and says they don't want to promote violence. Jimmy Kimmell just showed it and had 3 of the Jersey Shore people on in a parody of The Story of Christmas (including "Snooki"). Note to those 3, they have no future in acting but their love of being on camera was obvious. I hope whoever kept wanting to show his stomach because the ladies responded to the 'applause/cheer wildly' sign realizes that if he keeps up the binge drinking he won't have those abs in about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3769825;
    I'm not even sure why MTV is not bothering showing that episode/clip. It's everywhere now. So basically I look at it as MTV takes another bite of the controversy and plays it up then pretends to take the high road and says they don't want to promote violence. Jimmy Kimmell just showed it and had 3 of the Jersey Shore people on in a parody of The Story of Christmas (including "Snooki"). Note to those 3, they have no future in acting but their love of being on camera was obvious. I hope whoever kept wanting to show his stomach because the ladies responded to the 'applause/cheer wildly' sign realizes that if he keeps up the binge drinking he won't have those abs in about 10 years.
    Yup, they were also in the TMZ studios talking to Harvey Levin about the show and about Snooki's punch. Snooki said the man has yet to contact her and make any kind of apology for his actions.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3769970;
    Yup, they were also in the TMZ studios talking to Harvey Levin about the show and about Snooki's punch. Snooki said the man has yet to contact her and make any kind of apology for his actions.
    Apology? She should file a police report to institute criminal charges against him for assault and battery, and file a civil lawsuit for assault and battery, not wait for an apology!! Seriously. This was the punch that was seen around the world. I think she's got sufficient evidence! Let the guy know there are consequences for his actions!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-17-2009 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3771029;
    Apology? She should file a police report to institute criminal charges against him for assault and battery, and file a civil lawsuit for assault and battery, not wait for an apology!! Seriously. This was the punch that was seen around the world. I think she's got sufficient evidence! Let the guy know there are consequences for his actions!
    Read all of the posts, he's already been through the criminal justice system and has been sentenced. He was arrested in the preview clip, what did you think the police just let him go charge free?

Additionally, a civil suit would only pay to recoup actual losses. I'm willing to bet MTV footed the actual medical bills. Even if she won some token "pain and suffering" amount, she still has to collect that judgment, how much money to you think a high school gym teacher living in NYC has?
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Closed Thread