Closed Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Mine was Pookie
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

This Jersey gal has a new name: Sunny. My family will be so confused when I make them use it.

FORT Fogey

Wow, this show is an embarrassing group of individuals. I saw the previews of Snooki getting punched in the face by a guy at a bar, and just read that MTV is pulling that scene from the next episode. They plan to air an anti-violence PSA at the end of the show.

MSN TV: Home

'Jersey Shore': MTV pulls Snooki punch, blames viral video
    Dec. 14, 2009, 9:44 AM EST
    Zap2it.com

It was the punch heard around the shore and then, thanks to MTV, in our living rooms and on our computers. It's a hard-knock-life for the kids who were picked to live in a house in "Jersey Shore." That is most true for poor Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, who found herself on the wrong side of a "guido's" punch. Although MTV has already shown the knockout several times on-air, the network has decided to pull the scene from the next episode.

"What happened to Snooki was a crime and obviously extremely disturbing," MTV says in a statement. "After hearing from our viewers, further consulting with experts on the issue of violence, and seeing how the video footage has been taken out of context not to show the severity of this act or resulting consequences, MTV has decided not to air Snooki being physically punched in the face."

Although MTV claims to be pulling the video as a result of it being "taken out of context," the network itself only showed bits of the scene in promo spots and teasers. To make up for their "bad," MTV will still air a PSA from the Love is Respect Project, a teen dating abuse hotline, after the newly edited episode.

While you're at it, MTV, can you cut any future scenes of Snooki eating pickles? That was just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3765350;
    JERSEY SHORE NICKNAME GENERATOR!!!

Ok, FORT fans, if you want to know YOUR Jersey Shore nickname....here you go, click this on and have some fun.

MY Jersey Shore nickname is: The Princess of Paramus

Jersey Shore Nickname Generator - Unlikely Words - A blog of Boston, Providence, and the world

This is hilarious! My nickname was "The Rack" and my hubby was "The sausage party" Sounds like a fun couple!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I saw that clip on Inside Edition. Apparently, the guy who hit her wasn't even part of the show. He was just at this same club/bar that they were at. "Snooki" apparently started harassing him and accusing him of stealing her drink and he reached out and decked her. The guy is a school teacher in Queens, and the school wasn't even aware of the incident until the previews aired. They interviewed some students and they completely stand behind their teacher.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3768570;
    I saw that clip on Inside Edition. Apparently, the guy who hit her wasn't even part of the show. He was just at this same club/bar that they were at. "Snooki" apparently started harassing him and accusing him of stealing her drink and he reached out and decked her. The guy is a school teacher in Queens, and the school wasn't even aware of the incident until the previews aired. They interviewed some students and they completely stand behind their teacher.
    Are you referring to the students or the school? How can anyone condone violence? Doesn't matter who started the "fight." It's never okay for one person to strike another. I saw an interview, too, and heard the guy wasn't part of the "cast." I don't really see how that makes any difference, but that's JMHO.

It says something really sad and scary that a group of kids could watch that and stand behind a teacher who hauls off and punches a woman in the face like a heavyweight boxer. Violence is wrong no matter who it's aimed at, but a big man striking a small woman like that, no matter how mouthy she may get, says something very telling about this guy behind closed doors.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3768614;
    ...Violence is wrong no matter who it's aimed at, but a big man striking a small woman like that, no matter how mouthy she may get, says something very telling about this guy behind closed doors.
    And he's a teacher. Scary.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3768605;
    Are you referring to the students or the school? How can anyone condone violence? Doesn't matter who started the "fight." It's never okay for one person to strike another. I saw an interview, too, and heard the guy wasn't part of the "cast." I don't really see how that makes any difference, but that's JMHO.
    The students. They said their teacher did talk with them about the incident and explained he was drinking, but didn't make any excuses for his behavior (he's a gym teacher). They said he's a really cool and nice teacher and they were shocked he'd do something like that but said they believe the incident got out of control and didn't believe he was like that in real life.

I don't condone what the teacher did, but that incident, MTV previewing it, then not showing it, shows even more what a train wreck this show (and those like it) are. Those kids above probably see nothing wrong with it and stand behind him because that's all these shows are about-getting drunk, getting laid, and fighting.

FORT Fogey

I hope the school district sanctions him, at the very least.

Closed Thread