Closed Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Re: Jersey Shore on MTV

What the heck is it with Mike and his evil need to be shown as the guy who can get the most women in the house? He's constantly trying to steal whatever woman Vinny brings around him (he doesn't play that game with Paulie). When Mike tried to steal the girl that Vinny was so head over heals for and she rejected him he turned into this insecure, childish, abusive jerk. He stares at the two of them, tries to kiss Snookie and gets rejected, tries to tell everyone to leave and when they don't listen he "playfully" pops Snookie in the mouth. Something is truly wrong with the guy.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4081127;
    What the heck is it with Mike and his evil need to be shown as the guy who can get the most women in the house? He's constantly trying to steal whatever woman Vinny brings around him (he doesn't play that game with Paulie). When Mike tried to steal the girl that Vinny was so head over heals for and she rejected him he turned into this insecure, childish, abusive jerk. He stares at the two of them, tries to kiss Snookie and gets rejected, tries to tell everyone to leave and when they don't listen he "playfully" pops Snookie in the mouth. Something is truly wrong with the guy.
    Ya, Mike was a real jerk this past epi. When was it ever decided that he was the one designated to decide when it was time 'everyone left' the clubs??

I just would like to add one thing as I watch Jersey Shore ... the cast has these Escalades available to drive and I am always so happy to see them ALWAYS ALWAYS call for cabs when they are hitting the night life.
    KAREN

I agree about the responsible drinking and not driving message they have. That is something that is definitely a great thing to see on a show like this.

The other thing that I can and cannot understand is Mike's ego. I understand that it's gotten so big because of all the attention he's gotten and all the money he's made. But on the other hand, I don't understand it. He really isn't that much above the rest of the group. It really irritates me when he says things like he's the head of the house so everyone has to do what he says. Yuck!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I like the show. The characters are kind of meh, but it's entertaining. I was surprised, however, at the ages of these kids. They are all at or near 30 years! That part was hard to ignore while I was watching Mike on DWTS. He acts like a child - well, I guess all of them do, but I thought they might be maturing at least a little on the show. I heard somewhere today that he is considering "retiring" from Jersey Shore at the end of the season. Retiring? Really? Although he said he's open to other reality tv ideas. Duh, Mike. Maybe he saw himself on an episode and was a little embarrassed. I can hope, right?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4085530;
    I like the show. The characters are kind of meh, but it's entertaining. I was surprised, however, at the ages of these kids. They are all at or near 30 years!
    You nearly just gave me a heart attack! (I think most people my age don't like hearing people 3-5 years our junior referred to as "near 30 years"!)

DJ Pauly D and The Situation are in their late 20s, and Pauly D might be 30. The rest of them were 23 or younger when filming started. And I think that's why the Situation is the self-appointed "den mother" -- he's 4 years older than most of them, and Pauly D's just happy to follow the crowd and have a good time.

FORT Fogey

Yes, Pauly is 30. I think Mike is just an "alpha male" which can have good points and bad points. But it definitely takes a real cocky dude to assume that role the way Mike has.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4085949;
    You nearly just gave me a heart attack! (I think most people my age don't like hearing people 3-5 years our junior referred to as "near 30 years"!)

DJ Pauly D and The Situation are in their late 20s, and Pauly D might be 30. The rest of them were 23 or younger when filming started. And I think that's why the Situation is the self-appointed "den mother" -- he's 4 years older than most of them, and Pauly D's just happy to follow the crowd and have a good time.
    My shock was that they are the same age as my kids. Even my girls are shocked by the behavior, even tho I find it really entertaining. As long as I'm not a mom at home watching my kids acting like that on tv, I'll put up with it. And secretly enjoy it.

FORT Newbie

Has anyone see "My Big Friggin' Wedding? people say it's like the next Jersey Shore lol. I think it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by fleet2001;4099918;
    Has anyone see "My Big Friggin' Wedding? people say it's like the next Jersey Shore lol. I think it's hilarious.
    I am loving that show so far! There is a thread about around here if you wanna talk about it.

Closed Thread