Closed Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Jersey Shore on MTV

I know I'm in the minority - but I find this show amusing. I don't think any of them have bad hearts or bad intentions - I just think they don't know any better. They are just living the life they know - although I realize it has become hugely magnified by the MTV experience (and ca$h). Unless the people they bring into their lives have been living under a rock, these hookups know what they are getting into, and I believe they are looking for some MTV exposure. Bragging rights - "I slept with the Situation" - or any of the other guidos may impress some people. (Am I just stating the obvious?) Of course I have my favorites, and skeezy Angelina isn't one of them.

I live in white-bread Utah, so these people and their antics are foreign to me, maybe that's why I'm amused and entertained by them.

FORT Fogey

I totally agree with you. I think most of them have good hearts and don't set out to hurt anyone (Angelina and J-Wow being the exceptions). I think Snooki is actually a sweetheart, just not very bright. And honestly, I think once the boys meet the right girl, they'll calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4066542;
    I totally agree with you. I think most of them have good hearts and don't set out to hurt anyone (Angelina and J-Wow being the exceptions). I think Snooki is actually a sweetheart, just not very bright. And honestly, I think once the boys meet the right girl, they'll calm down.
    Ditto. This is a reality show and I think alot of the behavior is for the camera. I do love this show and find it entertaining.

The Situation is so funny, but Angelina was right when she said he looks like a 50 yr old man (at least in the face). All that tanning is making him and Pauly D look nasty and old.

Snooki and Angelina fight was so silly. Snooki's mad cuz Angelina had her sloppy seconds with Vinny and then Angelina gets upset because Snooki's having her sloppy seconds with Alex. Just stupid!

According to TV by the Numbers, Jersey Shore won its time slot among viewers 18-49. 6.7 million total viewers, which is more than NBC's entire Thursday night lineup save The Office can say.

I am SO HAPPY Angelina's gone. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I feel bad for Angelina. Things should not have gone down the way they did.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;4074667;
    I feel bad for Angelina. Things should not have gone down the way they did.
    In what way?

I'm finding it hard to have sympathy for someone who bailed on the first season and only came back because the show turned into a cult hit and a cash cow above and beyond what anyone ever would have imagined and she wanted a piece of the money....

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Towards the end she became the scapegoat. It's hard to want to stay in a place where you're by yourself and everyone is showing animosity towards you. Mike had the audacity to call her a wh*re, but he and the guys gave themselves a pass for constantly bringing one night stands to the house. Disgusting double standard? Check please! And they were all the for the money and the new found fame, that's not exclusive to her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;4074838;
    Towards the end she became the scapegoat. It's hard to want to stay in a place where you're by yourself and everyone is showing animosity towards you. Mike had the audacity to call her a wh*re, but he and the guys gave themselves a pass for constantly bringing one night stands to the house. Disgusting double standard? Check please! And they were all the for the money and the new found fame, that's not exclusive to her.
    Oh, totally true on the double standard aspect. I think it was Pauly D who rattled off a line that was the ultimate double standard. Interesting world they live in.

They're all in it for the money, yes, but the rest of them stuck with it from the beginning. She had the same opportunity and it wasn't until she realized that this would be a great success that she jumped back in. So as far as the money and fame parts are concerned, she's hardly on equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4074814;
    I'm finding it hard to have sympathy for someone who bailed on the first season and only came back because the show turned into a cult hit and a cash cow above and beyond what anyone ever would have imagined and she wanted a piece of the money....
    ITA!

Also, I feel that when the kiddos all arrived in Miami, they did not know Angelina, (who left Season 1 hating the house and everyone in it) was coming back for Season 2, no biggie BUT I really think Angelina should have gone out of her way to make up to the GIRLS first and foremost for her snotty behavior Season 1.
    Instead, she arrives and runs into the guys room and states she is sleeping IN HERE with them. Right there, that sent a underlying message to the 3 other girls that they weren't good enough for Angelina. Angelina did NOTHING with the girls this season. She didn't go into their room and hang out at all.
    KAREN

Closed Thread