Closed Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Re: Jersey Shore on MTV

Is anyone going to be watching ... TOMORROW NIGHT!!!
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4010622;
    Is anyone going to be watching ... TOMORROW NIGHT!!!
    I'm dreading it (because now the castmates are so full of themselves), but I'll be watching. I'm a little ticked off because MTV's filming of a 2nd season of Jersey Shore is making 'real' celebrities out of these participants, who, to me, just aren't celebrity worthy. I would've much preferred if MTV had done a 2nd Jersey Shore season with a whole new cast (a la Real World and Road Rules).

Tonight's summary:

The eight housemates of Jersey Shore are back for another season of GTL, fist-pumping, and battling grenades. But now the party has moved south to Miami Beach, where they'll spend the winter rekindling old friendships and old flames. The area code may have changed but the drama remains the same as The Situation and Pauly D creep on girls, Snooki and Jwoww go gorilla hunting and Sammi and Ron pick up right where they left off. Even Vinny and Angelina are there to help bring the Jersey Shore magic to South Beach. The haters will be hatin', the Ron Ron Juice will be flowin' and Snooki will be Snookin' on Season Two of Jersey Shore.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4011691;
    I'm dreading it (because now the castmates are so full of themselves), but I'll be watching. I'm a little ticked off because MTV's filming of a 2nd season of Jersey Shore is making 'real' celebrities out of these participants, who, to me, just aren't celebrity worthy. I would've much preferred if MTV had done a 2nd Jersey Shore season with a whole new cast (a la Real World and Road Rules).
    I agree, they are not deserving. I don't plan on watching but with 100 repeats a week, I'm sure I'll catch some of the eps.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I know I'm in the minority - but I like these kids. Although they are loud and obnoxious, they are entertaining. I don't think any of them are "bad" people...I see them as young and not all that bright. Although it seems weird that a bunch of kids from New York moved to Jersey to film a "reality" show. Then the kids from New York who were pretending to be from Jersey went to Miami. It sort makes my head spin.

I'll take this show over the Hills any day.

I'm so glad these guys are back...I find the show very entertaining...The Situation cracked me up with his grenade and land mine talk tonight about Ronnie...Can't stand Sammi and agree with Snooki that her voice sounded like a mosquito in her ear when the girls were are arguing in the car...The preview for the rest of the season looks very good and entertaining...

I was surprised they brought Angelina back. She doesn't deserve to come back IMO because she walked off Season one. I wonder if she will stay, the girls were so mean to her. Was it legal for Pauly D and Mike to be shooting fireworks off on the side of a road??? That was weird!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4013967;
    I know I'm in the minority - but I like these kids. Although they are loud and obnoxious, they are entertaining. I don't think any of them are "bad" people...I see them as young and not all that bright. Although it seems weird that a bunch of kids from New York moved to Jersey to film a "reality" show. Then the kids from New York who were pretending to be from Jersey went to Miami. It sort makes my head spin.

I'll take this show over the Hills any day.
    I lived in Seaside Heights for my elementary school years about four blocks from the house where this was filmed, and my family still has a house nearby. It is not uncommon for people from New York and North Jersey to go down to the Jersey Shore for the summer and rent houses, sometimes the entire summer, sometimes just on weekends. In fact, it's a regular practice and has been for all of my 40 years. And the locals HATE it. The term used to describe them is "Benny." Here's the background: Benny (slang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Bennys go home!" was a staple of my vocabulary growing up.

I watched the show last season because I felt compelled to, and it was less about the Jersey Shore than about the Bennys. I watched last night's opener in Miami and I have to say I liked them all a lot better in that setting!

'Jersey Shore' Star Snooki Arrested In Seaside Heights
    MTV News confirms that Snooki is currently in police custody.
    By Jocelyn Vena

Just one day after the premiere of the drama-filled second-season premiere of "Jersey Shore," one of the show's biggest stars, Snooki, was arrested in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, where the show is currently filming, MTV News confirmed.

Police officials confirmed to MTV News that Snooki, whose given name is Nicole Polizzi, was in police custody at press time. No further details regarding the arrest or why she was arrested were available, but TMZ reports that she was arrested for disorderly conduct.

The gossip website further reports that Snooki was seen near the beach at Seaside drinking what was believed to be Coca-cola from a beer funnel. Additionally, she was earlier spotted doing shots at a local bar. A rep for MTV had no comment on the matter.

In photos reportedly taken around the time of the arrest, Snooki is seen walking on the boardwalk along with her pals Vinny and Ronnie from the show. Snooki is dressed in a hot-pink tiger-print T-shirt that says "I Heart Snooki," a baseball cap, sunglasses, a miniskirt and hot green slippers. She was photographed being approached by officers and handcuffed, with co-star and friend JWoww by her side. It is unclear from photos what incident prompted the arrest.

'Jersey Shore' Star Snooki Arrested In Seaside Heights - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Oh bother ...
    KAREN

Seems like Snooki was a little full of herself during her drunken arrest.

Snooki from 'Jersey Shore' hits cops with expletive-filled rant during her arrest

They also made mention of a new cast member. Probably Angelina skips out again. Seems she's now dating a cop and he had to be transferred behind some unspecified Jersey Shore drama.

Angelina Pivarnick's policeman boyfriend, Paul Imperiale, reassigned far from 'Jersey Shore' set
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 08-03-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Closed Thread