Closed Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

FORT Regular

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3763347;
    Dominos has pulled it's advertising that was airing during the show. UNICO, the Italian-American group that urged MTV to pull the show, said they've received a lot of complaints over the stereotyping from Italian-Americans.
    That's the way to get these trash reality shows off the air. Hit them in the cash register where it hurt. Any of you remember the show with the lesbian weight trainer? Gays were so offended with her that they did a letter writing against her show and it just disappeared.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3763399;
    That's the way to get these trash reality shows off the air. Hit them in the cash register where it hurt. Any of you remember the show with the lesbian weight trainer? Gays were so offended with her that they did a letter writing against her show and it just disappeared.
    Apparently Never heard of that one. Whether this is what Italian-Americans are really like on the Jersey Shore (which makes the idea even more unoriginal) or not, I can see the arguments. They feel it stereotypes them. I can totally understand their feeling. Dominos said it didn't want its product being associated with that type of show. The people calling for the cancellation has asked for people to write to other advertisers and ask them to pull their promotions from airing during the show.

I'm sure Italian Americans are extremely offended by it, but nonetheless, the show was pretty entertaining for me. It's nice to forget about all the crap going on in my life and watch other people make a complete mess of theirs! Just from watching the show, I don't automatically assume all Italian Americans are like that - just these nitwhits. I will say that so far, the guys seem like hard workers. They may like to have their crazy fun, but looks like the guys at least have a good work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3763399;
    Are you talking about Jackie from Workout? That show was on the air for like 3 or 4 seasons. I liked it, was sad to see Doug (one of the trainers) die.

FORT Regular

Wow, people need to lighten up, IMHO. Should we cancel shows like for the Love of Ray J and Rock of Love because the women on there are bimbos? Just because they are that way, doesn't mean all women are. I agree these people are a trainwreck for the most part, though, no matter what their nationality. But I love trainwrecks!

Quote Originally Posted by onmycell;3763539;
    Wow, people need to lighten up, IMHO. Should we cancel shows like for the Love of Ray J and Rock of Love because the women on there are bimbos? Just because they are that way, doesn't mean all women are. I agree these people are a trainwreck for the most part, though, no matter what their nationality. But I love trainwrecks!

I couldn't agree more!

I finally watched it. What a trainwreck, but entertaining. I'll definitely be tuning in to see these fools. I know they don't represent all Itailian Americans, but I'm sure there are quite a few like them.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3763545;
    I couldn't agree more!
    I love it also..it's a guilty pleasure. Are we going to ban "The Hills" because it has selfish, materialistic white (with the exception of Frankie and Enzo) kids on it? Or "The City" because it has emaciated fashionally-challenged girls on it?

These guys/girls are a certain aspect of what you see at the Jersey shore, or even some places around the Hamptons.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Manerva;3763643;
    I love it also..it's a guilty pleasure. Are we going to ban "The Hills" because it has selfish, materialistic white (with the exception of Frankie and Enzo) kids on it? Or "The City" because it has emaciated fashionally-challenged girls on it?

These guys/girls are a certain aspect of what you see at the Jersey shore, or even some places around the Hamptons.
    I'd sign that petition, if for anything else to never have to hear of Spencer/Heidi again and see what they'll do once they don't have that one ounce of fame around them. Same with Ray-J, Rock of Love, Real Chance at Love, and those other shows in that category. Those girls are disgusting.

With this show, it solely cast Italian-Americans. It'd be like casting a show full of black people and having them call each other the n word and portray them as out of work gang bangers. That probably wouldn't go over well. And there are people who are going to stereotype based on this show, and of course all the jokes that will come from shows like The Soup and Chelsea Handler. I swear you could play a drinking game to how many times I heard the word "guido" and I didn't even watch the whole thing!

FORT Regular

I still have to believe that anyone with an IQ over 6 should be able to figure out that this group of "people" does not represent all Italian Americans, though, don't you think? I just get tired of sects of people and the government trying to tell me what I can and cannot watch. I'm sure there are repulsive characters in every nationality there is, just as there are good people. It's just those people aren't as entertaining, unfortunately.
    But I do get why people are upset. Clearly, these are not the finest of the group, but they sure do seem pretty pleased with themselves.

Closed Thread