Closed Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

FORT Regular

Re: Jersey Shore on MTV

Sammie is a drama queen.

All the girls in the house are dogs. Jwoww looks like a dude with huge implants.

I wasn't even aware of this show until all the hoopla from the media about sterotyping and everything. So I watched it and I thought it was hysterical. So now I'm hooked. And I'm married to an Italian-American and he is not insulted. We both look at it for what is it. Mindless dumb entertainment. You can't take it seriously.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;3790741;
    Sammie is a drama queen.

All the girls in the house are dogs. Jwoww looks like a dude with huge implants.
    Sammie is a cute girl, but not as great as she seems to think. And yes, she is a drama queen, for sure. Some of the "cast" have an over-inflated sense of themselves! Especially, "The Situation." Blech! I like Ronnie, though. Cute guy, even though I don't usually like all of the muscles (and his hair cut). Seems like a sweetheart.

FORT Fogey

I read a different article. It seems like there were 2 different fights. I don't know if it airs though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3790751;
    I wasn't even aware of this show until all the hoopla from the media about sterotyping and everything. So I watched it and I thought it was hysterical. So now I'm hooked. And I'm married to an Italian-American and he is not insulted. We both look at it for what is it. Mindless dumb entertainment. You can't take it seriously.
    As an Italian-American, it doesn't offend me either, but from what I've seen it disgusts me. I also can understand why it would offend some people, maybe ones who weren't as used to the wonders of reality tv?

Brad Ferro, Queens teacher who punched 'Jersey Shore' star Nicole (Snooki) Polizzi, to be fired

Brad Ferro, Queens teacher who punched 'Jersey Shore' star Nicole (Snooki) Polizzi, to be fired
    BY Rich Schapiro
    Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 12:00 PM

Brad Ferro, 23, a teacher at North Queens Community High School in Flushing, was caught by MTV cameras slugging Polizzi in the face inside a Seaside Heights bar on Aug. 19.

The beefy brute from Long Island was charged with simple assault, prompting education officials to reassign him to a "rubber room" last month.

A Department of Education spokeswoman said Tuesday that Ferro's firing is imminent.

"The department is in the process of taking termination action," the spokeswoman said.

MTV showed clips of the shocking punch in promos for the show, but it ultimately pulled the footage from the episode, calling it "extremely disturbing."

Ferro's dad told the Daily News last month his son was provoked.

"A woman who works for them instigated my son into doing something very stupid," Dan Ferro said. "When you get a bunch of people in a situation with alcohol and instigate, someone's going to do something stupid, and that's obviously what MTV wants."
    KAREN

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I still think it was idiotic of MTV to pretend to be noble and do the right thing by not showing the clip, after it was aired everywhere and controversy was drummed up. What was the point then?

I thought Snooki was the one who wouldn't leave the guy alone because she thought he stole her drink. If it was someone behind the scenes that did it, that's pretty low. No, I'm not condoning what the guy did. But seriously, was it really worth her getting smacked to where she fell to the ground for ratings? I think that's why I avoid shows like this.

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3790245;
    I hope the charges are dismissed. I know, violence is wrong, but when a guy begs for a confrontation as hard as that bar guy was he should not be able to hide under the skirt of the law once he gets it. At the very least he should be charged equally. He harrassed the cast all night, following them, etc. The girlfriend was an idiot as well because I would leave someone behind who was more interested in what the next man was doing than in having a good time with me. Ronnie was by no means innocent, but I'm glad the guy ran into someone who could beat his tail. He totally seems the type that would bring grief to anyone, any size, just because their breathing offends him. I hate guys like that and felt no sorrow watching him take a few shots to the head.
    that sammi girl pissed me off to no end. i doubt ronnie would have even had the fight had it not been for her taunting him and his girlfriend. she just would not shut the hell up. i have a feeling he'll be getting into more fight because of her if he stays with her. then she did nothing while the girl started hitting him while he was fighting the guy. i would have snatched that chick right up if it had been me.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3794155;
    I still think it was idiotic of MTV to pretend to be noble and do the right thing by not showing the clip, after it was aired everywhere and controversy was drummed up. What was the point then?

I thought Snooki was the one who wouldn't leave the guy alone because she thought he stole her drink. If it was someone behind the scenes that did it, that's pretty low. No, I'm not condoning what the guy did. But seriously, was it really worth her getting smacked to where she fell to the ground for ratings? I think that's why I avoid shows like this.
    I think they probably didn't air the actual punch because violence against women is viewed differently than regular violence and also, I don't think Snooki wants to relive that moment over and over again. I don't think Snooki was bothering that guy for very long either.

The Situation is such a jerk. We already know that he has no respect for women but it really got me heated when he called JWoww a "ho." He's the biggest whore in the house! How dare he? And what he did to Vinny was really low too! He needs to stop trying to break Sammi and whats his face up too! And this is the fight whats his face goes to jail for. He deserves to go to jail. I do see how he was provoked but he used excessive force, he ran after the guy, and knocked him out with one blow. Dang.

In a fight between the Situation and JWoww, I'd put money one JWoww!

I have to agree on Mike calling Jenny a ho/trash..when he is EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!!! And I do like Sammi...but my GOD...she stirs the crap just as much as the rest of them.

There a real-ness and depth (I know, strange word to use) to these kids. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more relatable than the vacant idiots on "The Hills."

There were some truly LAUGH OUTLOUD moments last night! Like when Snooki said "I'm not trashy......unless I drink alot." OMG...I laughed so hard!!!! She's SOO honest! Or when Vinny said "I guess Snooki wants to go out with a big bang...LITERALLY!" GOD..that was funny!

Vinny is the sweetest one I think...he and Ronnie seem to have the most respect for women..although Pauly surprised me. He could have been WAAAAAY worse to Stalkzilla, yet I think he handled it pretty nicely. Look what Mike did when that poor girl's friend/family came to the door! HE just hid in the shower! What a coward (and a HOOOOO and TRASHY!!!!)

Closed Thread