Closed Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore on MTV

Re: ~ Jersey Shore on MTV ~

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3775222;
    reneekk,

I used to live in Toledo, Ohio...actually Sylvania!!! Can I just say I absolutely loved living in Toledo!!!

You loved it? Really??? I usually like it, except for this time of year!! I'd rather be in SoCa with you! When did you leave?? We have a brand spanking new arena downtown just this year. I actually live downtown in a townhouse and work in Maumee..... Our goal, if we are stuck in Ohio, is to raise our family in Syvania. I love the little downtown area!

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3780033;
    You loved it? Really??? I usually like it, except for this time of year!! I'd rather be in SoCa with you! When did you leave?? We have a brand spanking new arena downtown just this year. I actually live downtown in a townhouse and work in Maumee..... Our goal, if we are stuck in Ohio, is to raise our family in Syvania. I love the little downtown area!
    Ohhhhhh...years ago. We were there 1986-1988!!! We lived in St. James Wood!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3771437;
    Are they still not going to show the punch? I find it weird that they have a problem with showing that, but have no problem airing Amber shoving and then slapping her fiancee in the face on Teen Mom.
    I totally agree!!! And then there's the preview clip of JWoww punching Mike in the face...I think it was an accident but STILL! Or JWoww beating the crap out of the girl in the bar (I think the girl asked for it..but it still shouldn't have happened) They shouldn't be condoning ANY of that.

FORT Fogey

I think it might be because it is a legal situation. Or it could have been extremely violent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Manerva;3784684;
    I totally agree!!! And then there's the preview clip of JWoww punching Mike in the face...I think it was an accident but STILL! Or JWoww beating the crap out of the girl in the bar (I think the girl asked for it..but it still shouldn't have happened) They shouldn't be condoning ANY of that.
    The guy was a teacher right? That could have something to do with it, it definitely ups the seriousness of the situation, as does the legal situation.

It's definitely odd for MTV, a channel that basically markets its shows based off of fights a lot of the time.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3787910;
    The guy was a teacher right? That could have something to do with it, it definitely ups the seriousness of the situation, as does the legal situation.

It's definitely odd for MTV, a channel that basically markets its shows based off of fights a lot of the time.
    That's true, but somehow, this punch was different -- more serious. It was such an unfair "fight" -- which violated all of our taboos about men hitting women. A big, muscular, powerful man punches a small, petite young girl smack in the face --- hits her so hard that she flies off her bar stool and falls onto the floor! And totally out of the blue! Right in front of the camera! WOW! That was shocking and I think it really jolted a lot of people!

ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Re: Jersey Shore on MTV

I had heard that MTV didn't show the punch b/c of the pressure they received from women's groups. Legally they are allowed to show it. When they are filming they put signs on the doors of bar they are in saying that they are filming and if you enter you are giving your consent to be filmed.

Ok, so the episode were Mike cooks has convinced me his is the most entertaining part of the show. I love how he honestly thought that they should clean up his plate because he cooked. He just has no clue and it's hilarious to watch. I'm ejoying him and and Pauly trying to pick up girls too. Their attempts are just so pathetic and the lines they use crack me up!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3789792;
    Ok, so the episode were Mike cooks has convinced me his is the most entertaining part of the show. I love how he honestly thought that they should clean up his plate because he cooked. He just has no clue and it's hilarious to watch. I'm ejoying him and and Pauly trying to pick up girls too. Their attempts are just so pathetic and the lines they use crack me up!
    Is that so out of line?

When my wife cooks, I happily clean up the kitchen. When I cook, she cleans.

And thats when we cook simple meals. Mike is an idiot, but he's cooking some good food. It's rude of the others NOT to offer to clean up.

Closed Thread