+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beauty And The Beast Leave The Rain Forest. Episodes 11 and 12 recap

Beauty And The Beast Leave The Rain Forest. Episodes 11 and 12 recap

Bruce is once again the leader and we get to hear what the celebrities have apparently heard many times before, Bruce’s mantra in life:

Gamble
    Cheat
    Lie
    Steal

It’s nicer than it sounds… take Gambles in your life, Cheat those around you who would have you be less than you are, Lie in the arms of someone you love and Steal every moment of happiness.

The celebs can recite it without having to hear it. Maybe Bruce is turning into my Grandmother. She also has a habit of telling us the same stories over and over as if it were the first time we had heard them.

John took this time to razz Bruce and fell asleep during his speech. It really does look like they are becoming comfortable around each other and Bruce laughs it off.

There is more rain forecast for the rain forest. I think that’s weird.

They have to prepare camp. Bruce does this by gathering wood, rolling up the beds, and telling Melissa to keep the matches dry. I’m glad he did, because surely she was planning on building a model of the Ritz-Carlton with them.

We get to hear about how Nikki sees her beauty as her gift from God. Poor thing, I guess God was in a jovial mood that day. “Let’s see, we’ll give this guy the brains and know how to cure cancer, this woman will be able to heal people with her hands, and hmmmm, lets make this one cute”

Yeah, Nikki, hon, you have to have some other talent. Please go find it.

John and Julie, who have become very good friends, go in search of the chest. I guess the celebrities have been having a harder time than I thought, as the crew has placed huge red arrows in the woods for them to follow. It takes forever to get back to camp because it is extremely heavy. I can’t wait to hear what’s inside. I am floored to learn it is honey, hot sauce, salt, pepper and soy sauce. They are only there for a few more days, so I have no clue as to what could have made the chest so heavy (the guestimate at camp is 100 pounds). No matter, as they get the question wrong and win Robins cookbook instead. Yay, they are thrilled.

I was so happy to see that Tyson was going to have to back up that big mouth of his by finally participating in a Bushtucker Trial.

Just to refresh your memory, here are a few of the trials that have already come to pass. Swimming in murky water with crocodiles, reaching into bowls with all sorts of bugs (including, but not limited to spiders that looked pretty scary), being lunch for 100’s of leeches, bobbing for stars in tanks of frightening animals, bobbing again in a tank filled with eels.

Tyson had to reach into tubes that had “things” in them in order to get out the star that shared the tube space. The first ever so frightening tube contained balloons. Yes, balloons. The second had every grade school boy’s favorite torture device, the dreaded rubber snakes. I will admit that the third, having contained a real snake was a bit unnerving, but nothing to excuse the fact that Tyson brought home ONE star.

Upon his return to camp he felt the need to tell everyone that the snake was “all over him” (it wasn’t), and that this trial was much harder than everyone else’s. Julie saw fit to remind him that all of them were hard. She was not being condescending, but needed him to understand that by trying to make himself feel better he was belittling what everyone else went through. He, of course, refused to listen and again showed the Prima Donna side of him that I am sick to death of seeing.

Tyson honey, you screwed up. You talked the talk, but couldn’t walk the walk. You had to be a dog, but instead of being a big dog you came off looking like a Chihuahua. Pathetic really.

Here comes our host. It’s time to say goodbye to one more friend.

I can’t say I was too surprised by the fact that Nikki was voted off. I think there were even a fair share of men who were tiring of her “I’m-a-helpless-girl-but-I’m-cute-so-do-everything-for-me-and-forgive-me-my-shortcomings-act.” I have a feeling that although these celebs do want to raise money for their charities, they are more than happy to go home. I think Nikki proved that point quite nicely when the first words to her sister were “Did you book the spa for me?” The answer, in case you care, was “Yes”.

Sundays show was yet another 2 hour “you-will-see-something-new-if-you-stick-through-the-whole-episode” episode. It bothers me that they insist on showing us things that were aired the day before. It also bothers me that before every commercial we are treated to “Coming up later on I’m a Celebrity…” Really ABC, either people are watching or their not. We don’t need to watch the same scenes over and over.

We did get to see footage of all the campers who had been voted off, except Maria. She was invisible on the show, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

The producers saw fit to show Alana and Robin all the footage of the other saying mean nasty things about them. They did this while both were sitting with the host. I am glad that Robin got to see Alana’s face-to-face meeting with the possum.

We learned the morning routines of the people who are left. I am so glad to know they brush their teeth. This is exciting stuff. I fully expected them to be demanding Monkey Butlers by this point.

We laugh again at the fact that these guys fart. Wow. Who’d’a thunk it? Once more we get to see Bruce’s singed underwear, only this time we get to see him putting them on.

Thanks ABC.

Finally something worth seeing. It’s footage of Cris.

Wait, it’s ruined by the inclusion of Tyson. We watch as they play practical jokes on the others in camp. I can’t help but smile as I realize that these two really think it’s the height of hilarity to steal the hats and string them up high above camp. Cris is having fun though, so I am happy.

All the campers miss their families and we find out that coming up later we get to see their reactions to letters from home.

Bruce is off to do another Bushtucker Trial. I wish they had sent Tyson.

Bruce has to stand under bucket like containers filled with an assortment of indigenous things. There is also a star suspended above and Bruce will need to catch the star as it falls. The contents of the buckets will fall around the same time.

The first bucket contains what looks to be snot. Luckily it is clear, so there’s no infection. I guess it could also be snail slime. I just don’t know. Whatever it is, it causes the contents of the rest of the buckets to stick to him. The end of the trial covers him with, among other things, the snot, mealworms, roaches, beetles and feathers.

He wears his new outfit not unlike a badge all the way back to camp. Through protests of the others, he decides that the best place to wash off is in the communal bathing pool. He is so thoughtful that guy!

Tyson decides this is a good time to whine about his balloon and rubber snake trial some more. It was so much harder. We get it Tyson. You’re a wimp.

During Bruce’s trial John and Cris went out to gather wood. On the trip back the sound guy, who we learn isn’t allowed to speak, points frantically at John. It turns out John has a huge spider on him. We, the viewers are not surprised though, as we’d seen it 5 times. Yes, before every commercial, this scene was one of the things “Coming up on I’m A Celebrity!!”.

John earns the “beep guy” his money by letting out a flurry of beep worthy words.

More of Tyson complaining and comparing himself to Caesar. Yes Tyson, you are so much like Caesar it’s scary.

The campers get letters from home, and it really is a touching moment.

Melissa is upset that her mom feels the need to include what she’s doing wrong. I feel bad because Melissa has been doing an outstanding job.

The letter from Johns wife touches everyone. She loves him so much and was able to convey that to everyone with just a few words. We also learn that John doesn’t take out the trash.

Cris wasn’t touched as much by his own letter as he was by Johns. He realizes what John has, and that he, Cris, wants it too.

The host had promised us a surprise evictee. I wasn’t surprised at all.

Tyson received the fewest votes and is the latest person voted out. He complains some more to the host. Bah.

Robin came to meet him, and I must admit, their reunion, after having been separated for so long, was worthy of an hour on Opera.

So long Tyson.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Re: Beauty And The Beast Leave The Rain Forest. Episodes 11 and 12 recap

Originally posted by cali
    The celebs can recite it without having to hear it. Maybe Bruce is turning into my Grandmother. She also has a habit of telling us the same stories over and over as if it were the first time we had heard them.

Tyson honey, you screwed up. You talked the talk, but couldn’t walk the walk. You had to be a dog, but instead of being a big dog you came off looking like a Chihuahua. Pathetic really.

John earns the “beep guy” his money by letting out a flurry of beep worthy words.

I loved this recap Cali!

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread