+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Stuttering" John Melendez

"Stuttering" John Melendez

"Stuttering" John, aka John Melendez, is best known as the intrepid reporter for "The Howard Stern Show." His interviewing style has gained him national attention. Regardless of the interviewee, John asks anything and fears nothing. His impressive list of interviews includes Walter Cronkite, Alec Baldwin, Billy Crystal, Bruce Willis, Gennifer Flowers, Sharon Stone, Brad Pitt and Barbara Walters.

John was simultaneously hired by WWOR as the field reporter for the nationally syndicated "Howard Stern Television Show," where he worked for two seasons. He not only interviewed celebrities, but did sketch work too, including the recurring "Man on the Street" segment. Currently he works for radio's "The Howard Stern Show," as well as "The Howard Stern Show" on E! Television.

Aside from his work with Stern, John was hired by veteran television producer Brandon Tartikoff to co-host the nationally syndicated show, "Last Call." He has also appeared in feature film roles in "Private Parts," "Airheads," "Meet Wally Sparks," "Dude, Where's My Car?" and "Osmosis Jones." He has guest starred in the television series "Wings" and "Baywatch Nights," and had starring roles in the Off-Broadway plays "Tony and Tina's Wedding" and "The Donkey Show."

John is also an accomplished musician. His debut album, "Stuttering John," charted in many cities, and its follow-up, "Everybody's Normal But Me," is in stores now.

John obtained his bachelors degree from the prestigious film and television program at New York University, majoring in film and television. He studied acting and started as an intern on "The Howard Stern Show." John landed on the air almost immediately, and has remained with Stern for 14 seasons. He has also been pursuing a standup comedy career: His "Stuttering John & Friends" comedy tour has been selling out comedy clubs and theaters across the country.

This guy seems to think alot of himself. I bet he does not go through with the trial tonight and if he does that he is not successful. He was sure that Mel was not going to get through the first trial. I want someone to call him on it at camp if he turns down the trial or is not successful. I hope he has actions to back up his mouth.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

LG.
    I'm not impressed with John

You want to be all controversial and whatever, of course people are going to vote for you to do the icky challenges

dumbass
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    He's not a very bright guy, in fact he makes Evan Marriot seem like a MENSA member. Last week on Stern's show he claimed that he'd be able to play semi-pro football for an Arena League team even though he hasn't played since pop warner.

wow, so far he is in second place as being my favorite

Well, if not 2nd definitely 3rd.

I guess that's not saying much about the rest
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I still like John a lot.

I won't be upset at all if he wins.

I was impressed with him last night. Of course, that's the only show I saw, and I don't listen to HS.

I'm kind of liking John (not as much as Cris Judd, but he's okay). That scene last night of him listening to his wife's letter was very sweet.

I'll bet he's one of those celebrities who is pretty different than his on-air persona. I've never listened to Howard Stern, but I'm assuming John's pretty abrasive and obnoxious on that show. He seems okay on "I'm a celebrity..."

I'm with you Molly. From what the others are saying it seems as though he is quite rude when on the air. I too, have never listened to Stern, and I never will, but I do like what I've seen of John.

I have really come to like John. He is turning out to be a pretty good guy. After a few days at the camp he mellowed out and I think we are seeing the real John, not just the "on air" John. I loved hearing the letter from his wife. That kind of thing reveals the true nature of a person.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread