+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alana Stewart

Alana Stewart

One of Alana's best known projects was as co-host of "The George and Alana Show," with ex-husband George Hamilton. Although she had never hosted a live talk show before, she amazed people with her sense of humor, warmth and poise. She later joined George as guest co-host on the new show, "Lifetime," for Granada Sky Television in the United Kingdom. She has also served as replacement guest host on "Woman to Woman," the daytime CBS show, and has hosted FYI for E! Entertainment.

Her acting experience includes numerous theatre and film roles. She stared in the world premiere of "C-Cup," an original play by Doug Field set in Tyler, Texas, that explores the life of a married, 40-plus breast cancer survivor, at the Complex in Los Angeles; and in "Who Wants Fame?," a two-character romantic comedy written and directed by Mark Rothman and performed at The Court Theatre, also in Los Angeles.

Her most recent film credits include "American Intellectuals," "Dangerous Company" and "Mom, Can I Keep Her?"

Alana began her career by leaving her home state of Texas and heading to New York to become a Ford model. During this time, she traveled to Los Angeles for many television and commercial appearances, and on one of these trips met future husband George Hamilton. When their son, Ashley, was born, she allowed her career to lapse while becoming a full-time wife and mother. After she and Hamilton divorced, she revived her acting career, co-starring with Richard Harris in "The Ravagers," and frequently appearing on such popular television series as "The Love Boat," "Fantasy Island" and "The Bionic Woman." She also starred in several stage productions at Chicago's famed Drury Lane Theatre.

In the late '70s Alana met and married Rod Stewart, with whom she had two children, Kimberly and Sean, and once again put her career on hold. When her marriage to Stewart ended, Alana returned to work again, guest-starring on such series and television movies as "Small Sacrifices," "Hart to Hart," "The Fall Guy" and "Masquerade," and in the feature films "Where the Boys Are" and "Swing Shift."

She's kind of famous for being famous I think.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I really thought that Alana would be tougher than she was on the show last night. I did not know she was so pampered and spoiled. She does seem a little whiney. I like how she praised Mel for taking the first trial for the team.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

JR.
    She's useless and annoying, I'd feed her to one of the jungle critters.

Awwwwwwwww..c'mon JR...she's not as bad as Julie. Personally, I'm pulling for Alana. She earned my respect in dealing with that possum.

....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I wanted Alan to get canned quickly. She handled the trial so well, but needs to handle her camp mates just as well. I am ready for her to go.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

JR.
    Originally posted by Jupiter
    Awwwwwwwww..c'mon JR...she's not as bad as Julie. Personally, I'm pulling for Alana. She earned my respect in dealing with that possum.

I was amazed that she did all of the challenges considering all of the whining and complaining she does. It was like 2 different people.

+ Reply to Thread