+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maria Conchita Alonso

Maria Conchita Alonso

Born in Cuba and raised in Venezuela, Maria Conchita Alonso knew from a very early age that she wanted to be a performer. A former Miss Teenager of the World and Miss Venezuela for the Miss World contest, Maria soon became one of the most sought-after actresses in Latin America, starring in ten soap operas and four major feature films.

After making a move to Hollywood, Maria starred with some of Hollywood's top leading men, including Robin Williams in "Moscow on the Hudson"; Robert Duvall and Sean Penn in "Colors"; opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in "The Running Man"; opposite Nick Nolte in "Extreme Prejudice"; with Nicolas Cage in "Vampire's Kiss"; with Jeremy Irons in "The House of Spirits"; and opposite Edward James Olmos in the critically acclaimed feature, "Caught," for which she received an Independent Spirit Award nomination in 1997. She recently re-teamed with Olmos in Showtime's "The Princess and the Barrio Boy." Alonso also completed the independent features "Blind Love," "The Code Conspiracy" and "Babylon Revisited," which she also co-produced.

Recent television credits include Showtime's acclaimed series "Resurrection Blvd." and the new drama series, "Kingpin."

An all-around performer, Maria made her Broadway debut to rave reviews as Aurora in "Kiss Of The Spider Woman," making her the first Latin-born actress to star on the Broadway stage. She recently made her return to the stage starring in Neil Simon's "Oscar And Felix: A New Look at The Odd Couple" at the Geffen Playhouse, earning rave reviews for her performance as "Ynes Costazuela," Oscar and Felix's sexy and ditzy upstairs neighbor.

Maria is also a talented musician and has received three Grammy Award nominations -- for Best Latin Artist, Best Latin Pop Performance and Best Latin Pop Album. She has recorded ten albums, some in Spanish and others in English (with one certified platinum and two certified gold). Maria is currently in the midst of recording her 11th album.

I recognize that name, she was a babe if I remember my wet dreams correctly
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

JR.
    Yeah, was is the key word there Ili.

LG.
    I don't even remember her being on the show last night.

It was the Melissa Rivers show, with Ziering primping for the camera, Robin Leach exposing his big gut, and Bruce Jenner trying to put together a shelter while being Robin's puppet dictator.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

They did not show much of Maria last night. Seems like she is blending in with the forest.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Does she have a facial tic or something? She keeps twitching her nose.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread