+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I'm a Celebrity" Premiere - 02/19

"I'm a Celebrity" Premiere - 02/19

PREMIERE

TEN CELEBS GET DROPPED INTO AN INHOSPITABLE SECTION OF THE AUSTRALIAN RAIN FOREST, LIVE, ON THE PREMIERE OF ABC'S ALL-NEW REALITY SERIES, "I'M A CELEBRITY - GET ME OUT OF HERE!," WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19

Ten celebrities will leave behind their pampered lives for weeks of roughing it in a remote camp in the Australian rain forest, on the premiere of "I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!," the fresh, interactive series to be broadcast live, WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. The series will continue to air live for 15 consecutive nights on the Network.

The all-star cast will be helicoptered in to a dense rain forest outpost in the interior of Australia's Gold Coast, live, as viewers in the U.S. watch. They are actress Maria Conchita Alonso; international sex symbol and famed model Tyson Beckford; sassy TV host "Downtown" Julie Brown; Olympic champion and successful business entrepreneur Bruce Jenner; dancer/choreographer Cris Judd; the man who coined the phrase "champagne wishes and caviar dreams," Robin Leach; Hollywood scion and fashion critic-of-the-stars Melissa Rivers; actress/model/former Playboy Playmate Nikki Schieler Ziering; actress Alana Stewart (former wife of rocker Rod Stewart and actor George Hamilton); and Howard Stern's infamous radio cohort, Stuttering John. Standup comic/improv performer John Lehr is host.

Based on the phenomenally successful British hit of the same name, the series will let American viewers on the other side of the globe vote to control the action via the phone and the internet. The series will follow the U.K. version, showing how 10 celebrities fare without their accustomed luxuries, as they experience living with some of the world's most dangerous bugs and snakes. The celebrities will be living out in the open, sleeping on makeshift cots in primitive conditions and trading their gourmet meals for rice, beans and water. And all under the control of the viewing audience.

In week one, they will be at the mercy of television viewers who single out a celebrity a night to undertake a dare -- "The Bush Tucker Trial" -- in order to win extra food for the rest of the group. In the final week, viewers vote to keep their favorite contestant in the camp; the one receiving the least number of votes each night is forced to leave. The lone, remaining celebrity at the end of the trial will emerge as the King - or Queen - of the Jungle and win a sizable sum for their favorite charity.

Viewers can participate by either calling phone lines or voting on ABC.com, Keyword: Celebrity.

The phone numbers are:

866-411-4081 Maria Conchita Alonso
    866-411-4082 Tyson Beckford
    866-411-4083 Julie Brown
    866-411-4084 Bruce Jenner
    866-411-4085 Cris Judd
    866-411-4086 Robin Leach
    866-411-4087 John Melendez
    866-411-4088 Melissa Rivers
    866-411-4089 Alana Stewart
    866-411-4090 Nikki Schieler Ziering

"I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out Of Here!" is produced by Granada Entertainment USA. John Saade and Natalka Znak are executive producers; Richard Cowles is producer of the series.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    15 nights? well at least saturday night will have something to watch

This show just has FAILURE written all over it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Princess
    Originally posted by joeguy
    15 nights? well at least saturday night will have something to watch
    Exactly what I was thinking joeguy!! Think I have something I'd rather watch all other nights...

Well, tonight's the premiere of this show. Anyone planning on watching?

I'll probably catch it on Sunday, when it's on for 2 hours right before Alias. Other than that, I won't watch it if anything better than a "Perfect Strangers" marathon is on.

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I may watch! I'd like to be cruel to the playboy bunny!
    (Hey - I used to have a crush on Ian Ziering - HAHAHA)

And I used to be jealous of Ian, every time I watched TPIR

I gave it about 20 minutes and then turned off the television. I couldn't waste my time. Everything about it is lame, from their matching clothes, to the camp they have to the extremly annoying host and most of all the wanna be celebs. I doubt I tune in a again. This show makes the one episode of the Sureal Life I seen look good. I think I would seriously rather watch the Anna Nicole Smith show.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I'll make the world pink Koko833's Avatar
    I watched the episode and I thought it was really bad. Though it was funy when Melissa rivers had to put cockroaches in her pants.

I actually liked it better than I thought I would. I will probably watch it again when I have nothing better to do.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast