+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rivers

Melissa Rivers

MELISSA RIVERS
    ABC's "I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here!"

Melissa Rivers is uniquely qualified for her current position as full-time host of E! Entertainment Television's event programming, having previously served as feature reporter for "CBS This Morning" and a regular contributor to MTV's "Hangin' with MTV." She also serves as a producer for the network and, most recently, produced and hosted two of the channel's highest-rated specials -- "Oh Baby! Melissa's Guide to Pregnancy" and "Oh Toddler! Surviving the Early Years," in January 2002. Melissa also co-hosts the channel's pre-awards, premiere and fashion specials with her mother, Joan Rivers.

Melissa's accomplishments are not limited to television. With her mother she co-wrote a mother/daughter advice column for McCall's Magazine from August 1999 to 2001, when the magazine was sold. She also designed a line of sterling silver jewelry for QVC.

Melissa has virtually "been in the business" since the day she was born in New York City. When she was four the family relocated to Los Angeles, where she attended John Thomas Dye School and Marlborough School, and graduated from The Buckley School. She attended the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, where she studied European History and graduated with Distinction in Major in 1989. At Penn she was a founding member of the Tabard Society, a social/service organization that raises money and provides services for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The group's social structure -- similar to a sorority -- provided the women involved a chance to enhance their college experience while giving something back to the community.

After working as an intern in the Los Angeles office of CBS News, Melissa studied with acting coaches Sanford Meisner and Jered Barkley, and worked as a researcher for "Rescue 911" and "True Detectives," as well as a contestant coordinator for "The Grudge Match." She subsequently appeared in the feature film "Secret Admirer" and in guest-starring roles on series like "Beverly Hills 90210."

She made her directorial bow with the comedy, "Pizza Man," at Los Angeles' renowned Groundlings Theatre, and starred in a limited run of "Eat Your Heart Out" at the Court Theatre. In 1995 Melissa played herself in "Tears and Laughter: The Joan & Melissa Rivers Story," an NBC-TV Movie of the Week that traced her rocky relationship with her mother following the 1987 suicide of her father, Edgar Rosenberg.

On September 26, 2002, Star Magazine launched a weekly two-page fashion spread titled "Star Style with Joan & Melissa Rivers," with the Rivers joining the magazine's masthead as fashion columnists.

Melissa and her son, Cooper, live in Los Angeles. In her spare time she is involved with such charitable organizations as Suicide Survivors, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Heal the Bay and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Thought's on this series

lol nice pic man.
    Peace

I thought it was pretty cool of Mel to do the first trial. She was so upset when she found out it what it was though. She thought she got it out of the way, but was surprised to find out that she would be put back in the hat for future trials after the next one. She is turning out to be a far better player than I thought. We might have to hear her complain about it every step but at least she is stepping up instead of primping.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

LG.
    did she really think that the show was about watching them "survive" in the outback with food and cots and not about embarrassing the celebrities.

Somebody should have watched Celebrity Boot Camp :rolleyes
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    Yeah LG, god forbid they have to do things that they don't want to.

I wanted to slap her in the face. I mean, come on you sign on for a reality show and expect not to have to do something disgusting? Get real, woman...phew...I feel better.

I laughed out loud.

I want to make suure she has to do ALL of the stupid stunts... You're not ALL there to be humiliated honey, JUST YOU

Man, does she look like her Mom or what
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I couldn't believe the bought boob discussion last night.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

longboarder
    Originally posted by cali
    Man, does she look like her Mom or what
    More like her mom looks just like her. I think she took a picture of Melissa into the surgery center, along with her checkbook, and said, "Do this."

Still, I think I her. Can't figure why. Mel, that is, not mom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast