+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin Leach

Robin Leach

Robin Leach
    ABC's "I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here!"

From a very early age, Robin Leach knew he wanted to be involved in the communications world. During school at Harrow County Grammar, 20 miles from London, he edited the class magazine at age 11 and the school magazine at 14. At age 15 he became a general news reporter for The Harrow Observer, started a monthly glossy town magazine at age 17 and, at 18, moved on to the prestigious Daily Mail as Britain's youngest page-one reporter. In 1963 he emigrated to America where he wrote for a number of publications (New York Daily News, People, Ladies Home Journal, among others) before launching GO Magazine. He later served as show business editor of The Star and Rupert Murdoch's worldwide publications for 10 years.

Robin began his television career simultaneously on KABC-TV in Los Angeles and WABC-TV in New York. In 1980 he joined CNN's "People Tonight," and was also roving editor for "Entertainment Tonight" in its first three years. In 1983 he created "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," which ran for an unprecedented 14 years. He has produced and hosted over 300 hours of TV series and specials, including the ABC-TV Daytime series "Fame, Fortune and Romance."

In September 1993 Robin began hosting a nightly primetime call-in talk show to launch the new television Food Network, a 24-hour cable channel. His weekend series for the network, "Gourmet Getaways," began in September 1996 with Robin showcasing the world's greatest vacation resorts and their chefs and recipes. Episodes of the one-hour series were filmed in North Africa, Hawaii, Europe and Asia. Other television projects include hosting -- for the fourth consecutive year -- MTV's "Worlds Most Expensive Videos Countdown" and being a celebrity judge on PBS' "Masterchefs" series and A&E's "Top Ten Celebrity Chefs" special. He is currently under contract to NBC's new ShopNBC cable network, and has joined the television show "Extra" as Las Vegas show business editor.

Robin is also the current entertainment editor for Fox TV in Las Vegas, with which he is developing a new live late-night show, "Penthouse F," which he will produce and host and which is set to air in Spring 2003.

A restaurant/chef consultant as well, Robin plans a restaurant in Las Vegas, in partnership with Drew Neiporent (owner with Robert De Niro of eight restaurants, including the famed Nobu), saluting the world's top 50 chefs. His bestselling book "Entertaining with the Rich and Famous" was followed by "Healthy Lifestyles" in October 1995. Previously he authored three other books.

Appointed a lifetime member to the board of the NY-based City Meals on Wheels charitable home food delivery organization, Robin includes among his numerous charitable interests the International Myeloma Foundation. He maintains a home in Las Vegas, but more often is traveling the world for his various projects -- sometimes 200 days and 250,000 miles a year.

I was really shocked to see how out-of-shape Robin has become. He claims to have been treadmilling an hour a day to prepare for this. I guess he should have been doing the stair master too. I think the others coddled him a little too much and that his drill sergeant tendencies kicked in hard to save face once they got to camp. This older gentleman was going to show this group he was not going to be the dead weight of the camp. He might not be moving too fast but he is sharp minded and knows how to get things done. What a commanding voice he has. Too bad there is no champagne and caviar to be found here.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I really didn't know who this guy was until I saw him, the name was not familiar to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

"That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    when they get down to 5 or 4 people left, if Robin is still there it will be a fulltime job for all of them just to check Robin's gut for leaches and ticks. Ugh.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Fluff, how come you didn't know one of the more famous television Brits?

It's all "champagne wishes and caviar dreams" - and beans for reality.

I just didn't recognise the name, but I did recognise his face.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ok, you had me worried there for a minute.

You know everyone!

I am happy he is gone.

Honestly, other than Cris, John and possibly Maria I want to smack every single person there.

Yesterday with his lecture to the women.... uhg. I wanted to yell at him, but then remembered the women he is dealing with and felt torn. They kind of do need to be talked to as though they are idiots. Still, it bothered me.

Cris did that impersonation of him and I thought it was hilarious.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Robin was voted out? Was he the first?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast