+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Downtown" Julie Brown

"Downtown" Julie Brown

"DOWNTOWN" JULIE BROWN
    ABC's "I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here!"

When Julie Brown came to American shores to be a VJ for MTV, she learned to play basketball for fun and applied her typical ‘downtown' chic aesthetic to the game. Her teammates dubbed her "Downtown" Julie Brown for the rhyme and the rhythm. From her early "Wubba-Wubba-Wubba" days at MTV, her career has mimicked the success and growth of MTV itself, diversifying and re-defining itself all along the way.

Julie has appeared on such hit shows as "Walker, Texas Ranger," "V.I.P," "Martial Law" and "Lois & Clark," as well as numerous others. You can also catch her at her cattiest as "Enchantra," the talking cat of the animated series, "Sabrina the Teenaged Witch."

Born in Bedforshire, England, to a full-time mom and a father who served as a flight sergeant in the Royal Air Force, Julie is one of seven brothers and sisters. Before moving to the United States, she lived all over England, as well as in Singapore and Cyprus. She hosted various television programs in the U.K., including "Music Box," when executives from MTV caught her act and hired her immediately for a coveted VJ position on MTV.

Within a few years, Julie left the world of music and MTV to pursue another of her passions, sports. When she joined the ESPN "Monday Night Football" team, her unique style of interviewing earned her the respect of sports commentators, writers, players and -- toughest of all -- the fans. Her many memorable segments included playing baseball with Mickey Mantle, running a play with Jerry Rice and shooting one-on-one with Michael Jordan.

Next she took on the role of special reporter for "Inside Edition," taking the home audience to special events all around the world, ranging from the Super Bowl's All Star Games to fashion shows in Paris and Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Most recently Julie hosted the very popular "The Gossip Show" for E! Entertainment Television, where she closed each show with the famous tag line, "Peace, love and gossip!" Aside from her endeavors at E!, Julie brought her energy and charm seven days a week to "In Tune," a half-hour program showcasing the top performers in all genres of music, for DirecTV. Radio was also something she wanted to conquer, and in 2001 she hosted "Downtown with Julie Brown,"., a weekly, nationally syndicated radio program covering entertainment, sports and gossip.

Julie has lent her name and/or time to numerous charities and causes, including United Cerebral Palsy for the last seven years.

Her biggest concern was her wardrobe. She joins Nikki in the scream factor. I am hoping that she turns out tougher than initially expected if she is not the first to be booted.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Julie swims with the leeches...Julie swims with the leeches....
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I am so glad it turned out to be Julie who has to swim with the leaches. I swear if it turns out thatthey show us one thing (lots of leeches) and it turns out to be another (one leech) I won't be happy.

Julie looks really rough to me. Almost scary.

I say that inhonesty, I am not trying to be mean or rude etc. I just think she looks very bad with out her make up.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    hehe Cali! Can't wait!
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

jin
    I can't wait to see Julie do the next challenge either! She can only hope to do as well as Alana did! I was so impressed with her last night. Unbelievable with that hissing creature! I picked Julie Brown as my fave when the first episode of this show aired, as I am a child of the 80's, lol, and loved her on MTV..etc...always seemed so cheerful, and funny, and cute! I was impressed to read that she has been involved with raising money for CP also, as my sister has it. So, I was unpleasantly surprised to see her attitude on this show. She is no longer my favorite, and I guess it goes to show you don't really know what someone is like by their on air personality. I just wonder why she decided to let it all hang out on this show?
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

Her attitude surprised me too.

Don't get me wrong, if I was out in the rain for days on end I would be really grumpy, but I thought as a celebrity she'd be able to "act" a tad nicer for a little longer.

I am very interested to see how she deteriorates if she is to stay.

jin
    I agree with you on that! It does not look exactly pleasant out there, and in those circumstance I prolly wouldn't be miss cheerful 24/7 either. They've got it a lot easier than Survivor contestants tho. I was really surprised by all the extras they got on last night's show. I have to say now, that I would not have gotten into a vat of leeches...EVER! oh no! So, I guess I have to give that one to Julie. If she could just quit sniping, I'll get off her back. ha I'm wondering what it says about me that I have not missed an episode of this silly show that most seem to consider unwatchable? I think I'll put it down to being sick for almost a week, and also being an easily entertained person. ha
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

their list of demands would have been hilarious if it weren't so sad.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar

Julie again

Is Julie totally unpopular or what?????

I'm not wild about her but three trials in a row seems like alot.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast