+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Beckford

Tyson Beckford

Tyson Beckford
    ABC's "I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here!"

Tyson Beckford's arrival on the fashion scene coincided with the era that brought male models to the forefront of advertising, and it stifled the notion that "real men" and fashion did not exist on the same plane.

His modeling career took off when he appeared in the Fall 1994 Polo Sport campaign shot by Bruce Weber. He soon landed an exclusive contract with Ralph Lauren Apparel, which subsequently lasted five years. Tyson also spent three years as the spokesmodel for Polo Sport Fragrances, and in what became an unprecedented merger of talent, creativity and classically all-American style, the resulting campaigns heralded a new direction for the Ralph Lauren/Polo Sport brand and created an international following of Tyson Beckford fans.

Tyson has appeared on covers and in countless editorials for Arena, Details, GQ, Essence, The Face, L'Uomo Vogue, L'Uomo Mondo and The New York Times Magazine. In 1995 he was named one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People," and "Best Male Model" at the inaugural VH-1 Fashion and Music Awards. He was selected to model designs by the "Best Costume" nominees of the 1996 Academy Awards and, in May of the following year, received the "Outstanding Male Model of the Year" honor at the fashion industry's Michael Awards. People magazine also named him "Sexiest Male Model" in its 1997 "Sexiest Man Alive" issue, and he was again honored by VH-1 at its Fashion and Music Awards this time as a nominee in the "Best Male Model" category.

Tyson starred in the music video for Toni Braxton's hit song, "Unbreak My Heart," and has guest-hosted on MTV, VH-1 and the E! Channel.

He actively takes part in charities such as "Race to Deliver," an event he has co-hosted for several consecutive years to help feed homebound people with AIDS.

Born in New York, Tyson lived in Jamaica until the age of seven and now makes his home in New Jersey. His future plans include acting in and directing films, as well as pursuing his interest in music.

He's gorgeous.

Not quite as nice as Tyrese imo, but very , very nice to look at.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-20-2003 at 11:18 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

We found out quickly that this guy could live on grasshoppers and praying mantis. Who knew someone so pretty would be so earthy!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Perhaps he's trying to shake of that male model "stigma".

He's very hot.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yum.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I sure hope he's in all the episodes I bother to watch.

ABC, are you listening, Tyson must stay or the viewers are tuning this out for sure.

Yummy, and not a whiney baby.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

He's said that he wants to show that he's not the "typical male model." Sounds like he's proving that.

Of course I just came into this thread to get another look at Tyson.

"That's Numberwang!"

Well, I agreed with everyone until his Prima Donna (sp?) side came shining through over the last couple episodes.

I'd now like to slap him and have decided that Cris is far better looking than Baby, spoiled, prissy Tyson.

Wow, how quickly I can turn.... Mwuhahahahahaha
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Tyson being stupid..

Did anyone else catch him saying "I would rather take the shirt off of my back and give it to someone before I argue" or something to that extent, and then literally like 2 minutes later when nicki is trying to make a suggestion about what to do to Robin's log he starts acting like a little girl and arguing over it... blah blah I'm not listening.... lol... I thought that was pretty amusing... I love the way that they edit stuff like that! I hope he is one of the next to go...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast