+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airdates for ABC's "I'm a Celebrity"

The ABC Television Network today announced airdates for its highly anticipated, all-new interactive series, "I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here!," to air live from Australia over an unprecedented 15 consecutive nights during February 2003, and premiering WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the network.

The schedule is as follows (all times are Eastern):

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 10:00-11:00 p.m., PREMIERE

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 10:00-11:00 p.m., Night Two

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 9:00-10:00 p.m., Night Three

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 10:00-11:00 p.m., Night Four

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 7:00-9:00 p.m., Night Five (**2 Hour
    Episode**)

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 8:00-9:00 p.m. , Night Six

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 9:00-10:00 p.m., Night Seven

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 9:00-10:00 p.m., Night Eight

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 10:00-11:00 p.m., Night Nine

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 9:00-10:00 p.m., Night Ten

SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 10:00-11:00 p.m., Night Eleven

SUNDAY, MARCH 2 , 700-9:00 p.m. , Night Twelve (**2 Hour
    Episode**)

MONDAY, MARCH 3 , 8:00-9:00 p.m., Night Thirteen

TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 9:00-10:00 p.m., Night Fourteen

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 9:00-11:00 p.m. , FINALE (**2 Hour
    Episode**)

"I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here's" all-star cast includes International sex symbol and famed model Tyson Beckford; sassy TV host "Downtown" Julie Brown; Olympic champion and successful business entrepreneur Bruce Jenner; the man who coined the phrase "champagne wishes and caviar dreams," Robin Leach; Hollywood scion and fashion critic-of-the-stars Melissa Rivers; actress Alana Stewart (former wife of rocker Rod Stewart and actor George Hamilton); and Howard Stern's infamous radio cohort, Stuttering John. Standup comic/improv performer John Lehr will be the host.

An eighth cast member will be announced at a later date. In the fresh, all-new interactive series, celebrities leave behind their pampered lives for weeks of roughing it in a remote outpost of the inhospitable Australian rainforest. Based on the phenomenally successful British hit of the same name, the series will let American viewers on the other side of the globe vote to control the action via the phone and the internet.

The series will follow the U.K. version of seeing how eight celebrities fare without their accustomed luxuries, as they experience one of the world's toughest terrains. The celebrities will live out in the open, sleeping on makeshift cots in primitive conditions and trading their gourmet meals for rice, beans and water. And all under the control of the viewing audience. In week one, they will be at the mercy of television viewers who single out a celebrity a night to undertake a dare -- "The Bush Tucker Trial" -- in order to win extra food for the rest of the group. In the final week, viewers vote to keep their favorite contestant in the camp; the one receiving the least number of votes each night is forced to leave. The lone, remaining celebrity at the end of the trial will emerge as the King - or Queen - of the Jungle and win a sizable sum for their favorite charity.

Viewers can participate by either calling phone lines (which will be announced prior to the commencement of the series) or voting over ABC.com.

"I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here!" is produced by Granada Entertainment USA. John Saade and Natalka Znak are executive producers; Richard Cowles is producer of the series.

crap... I don't know that I can invest 15 nights straight! I want to watch though

Think they will repeat on ABC Family (or whatever it's called?)

My Breakdown:

Tyson Beckford Well, he's cute... it will be interesting to see

"Downtown" Julie Brown Hmmm, I can picture her, but really have no comment

Bruce Jenner I like Bruce

Robin Leach HAHAHAHAHAHA I find this to be very funny. He gets on my nerves though.

Melissa Rivers Ya know, simply because she's Joans daughter, I feel like I've seen enough of her.

Alana Stewart uh... yeah

Stuttering John Never heard of him

I guess I won't be too upset if I miss an episode or 5

Funny that a lot of "celebrities" were really. really down on the whole reality thing, but there sure a enough that are jumping on the bandwagon now.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

If ABC REALLY wanted people to tune in for 15 nights straight (missing lots of good first runs on other channels) they needed a more recognizable bunch than this.... give me a break.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, February is a sweeps month. Instead of picking a show they wanted to compete against, and making us choose, now we've got to choose 15 times versus other shows. Probably ain't gonna happen to see Robin Leach and Bruce Jenner starve in the outback.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I don't think that one hour (sometimes 2) everynight is really something I want to do, but I will probably find myself taping it while I watch other things. But it is getting to the point now where I am going to have to invest in a third tv and vcr just to keep up with all the reality shows.

I really don't think that they have picked a very interesting group except for Robin Leech. It will be interesting to see who the last person they pick will be.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Originally posted by cali
    If ABC REALLY wanted people to tune in for 15 nights straight (missing lots of good first runs on other channels) they needed a more recognizable bunch than this.... give me a break.
    Amen, sista! I'd hardly call any of these people "celebrities", as most of us probably wouldn't recognize them on the street if we tripped over them!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

JR.
    Originally posted by holly71
    Amen, sista! I'd hardly call any of these people "celebrities", as most of us probably wouldn't recognize them on the street if we tripped over them!
    And even if we do recognize them, do we really care?

Hell no!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I agree about them showing it nightly too.
    It's too much of an investment of time to watch it all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think the only reason they picked these 8 is that no other celebrity would touch this show with a 10 foot pole.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast