Alonso, J. Lo's Ex Join 'I'm a Celebrity'
Wed, Feb 5, 2003 04:16 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Why have eight kind-of-famous people on a goofy reality show when you can have 10?

ABC is subscribing to the logic of that rhetorical question by expanding the number of people on "I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here!" Cris Judd, best known as the ex-husband of Jennifer Lopez, and actress Maria Conchita Alonso ("Kingpin," "The Running Man" ) are the latest additions to the cast.

They join E! red-carpet host Melissa Rivers, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" guy Robin Leach, Olympic decathlete Bruce Jenner, actress/Rod Stewart's ex Alana Stewart, former MTV VJ "Downtown" Julie Brown, model/actor Tyson Beckford and Howard Stern sidekick "Stuttering" John Melendez on the show. The 10th participant will be named later.

"We've got such a fantastic group of personalities who've decided to join the adventure, we've decided to mix it up even more and add two new celebrities," says executive producer John Saade.

The show, which premieres Wednesday, Feb. 19 and runs for 15 consecutive nights, will strand the players in an Australian jungle and have them perform various tasks that can lead to rewards for the group. Viewers will have a say in who does what task and eventually vote them off of the show.