+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show discussion

7/26 Show discussion

Guess nobody was watching this with Big Brother on. I recorded Big Brother since I've been following the feeds. I can watch it later.

Well, this show is almost at the end. Kathy picked the right ones to go home tonight. She actually chose to keep the four that had learned the most and taken to heart all the lessons she's been teaching. Go figure. The people that deserve to be in the final four are actually in the final four. Backstabbing and game playing didn't work.
    Next week the final four will compete for the "crown".

FORT Regular
    I wonder who will win... Somehow I have a feeling that Vanessa will win, even though I don't particularly want her to...

Vanessa is definitely the most polished of the 4. I think Jaret and Jackaay have come the farthest and really tried to follow all of the lessons they have been taught. Jackaay has the best attitude of all of them.

FORT Newbie
    Who was eliminated? Who was kept?

Is JW still there?

What was the challenge?

The Rodman
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaristar
    I wonder who will win... Somehow I have a feeling that Vanessa will win, even though I don't particularly want her to...
    No I don't think she will win, I think it will be one of 'em southerners.....

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Ack! The audience for the show is gone lol!

There was a 3 way elimination..

Gone: Jules/Niki/Brendan

Final Four: Jackaay/J.W./Gap tooth guy/Vanessa

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by roddy
    No I don't think she will win, I think it will be one of 'em southerners.....

I hope you're right hehe

As you said the audience is gone. One good thing this show is doing is the multiple eliminations. 3 this time, great. At least they are not dragging this out infinitum.

The theme of the night was how to deal with the press and the paparazzi. They got a dose of the paparazzi when they left the suite to meet Kathy for lunch at The Palm restaurant. When they got there Kathy had a photographer to the stars and a magazine writer to give them advice. They talked about how they should act in public and even when they were grocery shopping, etc. The photographer guy said that he was the kind of photog that made the stars look good, but for every one like him there were 20 of the ones that would do anything to get a bad picture for the tabloids. They then showed some unflattering pictures of each of the remaining contestants with fake tabloid type headlines. It was pretty funny.
    Then it was question and answer time with Kathy. Jules brought up the Paris video incident and everybody was nervous about how Kathy would react. Kathy was gracious and talked about how Paris was upset and that Kathy learned not to be so judgemental. She told the group ( who are now playing as individuals ) that she was taking them to a red carpet event that night to let them see how celebrities handle the press.
    They went to see a publicist to the stars and Jules spent most of the time talking about herself. The best advice the lady told them was to think before they speak and always be gracious and smile when in front of the press.

Kathy is a sneaky one. Instead of a red carpet event, the group was instead brought to a room that was set up like a press conference. Donny Duetsch ( of Apprentice and The Big Idea with Dony Deutsch ) was there to sort of run the show. Then came the big surprise. The former contestants were brought in to play the part of the reporters that were to grill each of the remaining 7. Did we really have to see Yvette again?
    The first person up was Jackaay. Yvette asked "Did you hate me because I'm beautiful or because you were jealous of me? Jackaay, ever the diplomat, answered "You are beautiful and I'm not jealous of you." Jackaay did very well.
    The only other ones that stuck in my mind were Niki umming her way through an answer that made no sense when asked about what it means to be a socialite. When Jules was asked about her habit of talking too much she launched into a 5 minute speech. Brendan was grilled about stealing ideas fom Vanessa and Donny asked Vanessa and she confirmed the stealing of the Hilton house idea from the charity estate sale episode.Vanessa and Jaret both did well with their answers and JW was also pretty good.

The deliberations commenced at the Residence and Kathy asked people who did not deserve to be there. JW mentioned Niki's disaster at the press conference. Jackaay agreed and then Niki pointed out Jackaay messing up her answers. I didn't see that, so maybe Niki is in her own little world where she looks like Paris and thus Kathy should pick her....
    Then Brendan was called out for not being nice to people. Jules was called out for the talking thing and made the mistake of saying she hasn't changed much since she's been there. ( Big mistake )
    When Kathy came back with her list it was:
    Jaret
    Jackaay
    Vanessa
    JW
    on the list
    Jules made a graciuos exit, then Niki with her voice over saying Kathy would remember her because she looks like Paris. Brendan told Kathy to watch out when she went to hug him because he was all sweaty
    When she went into the dining room she asked JW if he wanted to say goodbye to Jules since they had a sort of relationship. I though that was nice of her.
    I thought Kathy made the right choices for the final four. I'm not sure who I want to win.

FORT Fanatic
    Thanks for the recap, Swingsong. I was away on vacation and got back just in time to see the elimination. I admit...I switched on the tv BEFORE I petted all the dogs who were dying of delight to have their people home again. It was so terrible of me.

Anyway...I was hugely disappointed at one choice. I would have liked Brenden to stay. I cant stand JW and Jaret is sorta...I was gonna say weasely...Jaret is so quiet, I really know nothing of him. Jackaay doesnt appeal to me either. So that leaves Vanessa. Vanessa got a crappy edit early on, but she's got a lot going for her; she's smart, has good ideas, is organized, and would make the most of the opportunities she'd gain from winning. I'm not sure any of the other 3 would be as successful.

I still miss Jabe, who also struck me as having the potential to learn and grow. A finale with Jabe, Vanessa, and Brenden would have been an interesting lineup.

Any ideas why Brenden was eliminated? There was the chat about his having been 'exposed' to the upper class/leisure life in his caddy job in Colorado. It seemed suddenly to be a negative factor in the his evaluation. I was confused by that whole 'exposure' convo....did that somehow disqualify him from further consideration?

again, thanks for filling in what I missed, Swingsong. I wish the audience would come back to this show....or at least the FoRT'ers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast