+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

I watched some of the show last night. What a joke! I don't know who's more of a bimbo - Mrs. Hilton or some of the contestants.
    I also saw Kathy in a couple of interviews before the show aired. "We're going to explore fine dining, fine arts, fund raising, it'll be fun bla bla bla..." I don't know but I thought the show was rather boring... I really don't know what is so rewarding in hanging with Kathy and learning about how to use 30 different pieces of cutlery.
    Well now at least we can see the result of being a member of "high society"; kicking it back on a yacht, letting your brain fry in the sun down to IQ 40, and after that eating snails for dinner with other rich "IQ 40" club members...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Two viewers...one person (you!) one cat (me!)
    I was watching...just 3 hours later on Pacific Standard Time!

FORT Regular
    Is the production of this the same as The Entertainer? It looks similar somehow.

I think they just needed a funny moment during that conversation, and "fracas" was as close to as one they could get. I would think a good host shouldn't get twitchy looking when someone says a word they don't know. I think Kathy was just straining already with the accent.

Latricia saying she needs it the most, because she wants to take what she learns back home to her son or whatever.. made me laugh a little bit. heeh

FORT Fanatic
    What a GIFTED bunch of snarkers lounging around here....and what prime material you've been handed to snark....sorta like shooting fish in a barrel...

Odd that one team sort of had it together and the other one acted like a bunch of yahoos....

I cringed when that poor kid bought 4 1/2 pounds of chocolates.....!!!!!!

"Say thank you" was a hard moment to top...but Ann's burst of song was unbuuuuhleeevableeee.....Kathy was incredibly poised in her reaction to that.....or maybe her entire face is botoxed.

I might have stumbled over fracas, too. Not a word I've heard spoken, I dont think.

I found this show kind of boring too...sort of the same premise as VH1's "Kept" (supposed opportunity to live the glamourous big money lifestyle) minus the hot boys, outrageous fashion shows, nude modeling, pub crawls and so forth. In other words, all the good parts are missing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Why, Kathy, Why?

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I found this show kind of boring too...sort of the same premise as VH1's "Kept" (supposed opportunity to live the glamourous big money lifestyle) minus the hot boys, outrageous fashion shows, nude modeling, pub crawls and so forth. In other words, all the good parts are missing.
    Yes, indeed. Despite the contestants' best efforts to be colorful, and they gave it their all, the dears . . .this was the flattest, least engaging reality TV offering yet! It made the weigh-ins on 'Biggest Loser' look like the Kentucky Derby of excitement.

Fact is, Kathy Hilton (cute she is, though thoroughly, completely ordinary, just in a more expensive outfit than most women) does not have the force of personality to carry a show as the host. She's not trained to work the TV cameras & just has no command of the medium. I'm not saying that as a slam against her . . .but what they should have done was hire another trained personality to be the 'host'--perhaps Paul the Butler from 'Joe Millionaire' was available?--to give the guests their tasks & entertain the viewers at home with snarky asides, while Mrs. Hilton would appear at her dinner parties and such with an air of mystique about her. That would serve to heighten the challenge for the contestants & elevate the fiction that the Hiltons are classy, blue-blooded folks worth emulating. As it is, she's lost her mystique and become completely . . .plebian. No question that she's a good sport to do this, but I have to ask . . what the hell for? She doesn't need the money or the exposure . . .her family's been quite exposed enough, thank you. There must be plenty of other ways for a woman with her means to get her kicks than to do a TV show, and if she was looking for something to fill the time, there are so many worthy charity causes that a truly classy person would be more interested in attaching her name to.

This seems like nothing more than a publicity stunt for a family name (Brand recognition ala Trump) that has more than enough recognition already! I think this is doomed to backfire on them . . .at any rate, it certainly won't enhance their image or serve to diffuse the damage to the family name from "One Night in Paris" Videogate. If anything, this is a step in the same direction . .straight to tawdry-ville.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    With Kept, Jerry Hall brings an element of Euro/Trailer Trash that I LOVE to watch.
    Kathy Hilon brings... a name???

suncat7 said:
    ...I HATE how Latricia said she deserves this more because she had a child.

That kinda irritated me too.

My initial impression is that Latricia is a snob and she isn't rich yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Criticizing Yvette for showing her legs isn't likely to persuade Kathy of much, since her daughters are always doing that.

OMG! Ann bursts into song as her final comment, causing a very awkward moment.
    Well, actually, Paris has flashed her waxed pubic region to the press on 2 occasions. Once wearing a micro mini and doing a Sharon Stone getting out of a low slung sports car, and teasing the press on the red carpet and accidently raising her dress up too high. Later Paris claimed she was wearing transparent underwear.

+ Reply to Thread