+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Host - Kathy Hilton

Things could have been worse. Either Paris or Nicky might've ended up hosting this reality show and both of them are rather snobbish when you compare them to their mother. When it comes to either Paris or Nicky, don't count on either one of them to show any tact. Cheers for Kathy Hilton!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by countrylane123
    she is trying not to hurt people's feelings. she has tact. she isn't going to step on you more then she has to. ann's songs were dumb, and hilton knew it, but she is tactful, and tried to tell her in a nice way.
    Well, yes, of course. My point is that you can be tactful and kind while still delivering an honest critique. Saying nothing about Ann's song bites was not constructive for Ann and left viewers and fellow contestents dissatisfied.

The premis is that she is trying to teach these kids how to be a Hilton. In teaching one usually addresses the errors so one can learn from their mistakes.

She did not tell her anything "in a nice way". She didn't tell her anything at all other than, you are not on the list.

Trump, Hilfiger, Ramsay etc all give reasons for their eliminations. The show is lacking without this. Well, it is lacking in many more ways but we are talking about a detail here.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-17-2005 at 10:27 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    The funniest thing about this whole show is having the Hilton family held up as role models for upper-crust behavior to aspire to! Bwa-ha-haaa!
    Yeah I can't understand why they think Kathy Hilton is a credible expert at this type of stuff when Paris didn't even finish highschool.

yah but atleast paris is making loads of money herself even though it is in an annoying dirty type of way!

So far, all I can say is that I have a very good impression of Kathy Hilton. I think she acts like a lady should (in high society lol), and that's pretty much the example she's totally trying to set on the show for what they should strive to be (unless male, and should be gentlemanly/suave to the max). Never mind how her offspring turned out, I don't even care about Paris/Nicky or the little dog, etc.

I just think Kathy's so nice! I only have one thing I dislike about her, and that's that 1970s bow blouse she had on, I believe it was last week. My mom wore those to work as a legal secretary on an almost daily basis and they are SO 1970s!! I used to cut my mom up about it (now I feel bad because she's no longer with us). But those bow blouses were and are awful!! And very very polyester! Come on, Kathy! I hope those are silk or satin, but no more bow blouses I beg...

Quote Originally Posted by shaynas_mom
    So far, all I can say is that I have a very good impression of Kathy Hilton. I think she acts like a lady should (in high society lol), and that's pretty much the example she's totally trying to set on the show for what they should strive to be (unless male, and should be gentlemanly/suave to the max). Never mind how her offspring turned out, I don't even care about Paris/Nicky or the little dog, etc.

I just think Kathy's so nice! I only have one thing I dislike about her, and that's that 1970s bow blouse she had on, I believe it was last week. My mom wore those to work as a legal secretary on an almost daily basis and they are SO 1970s!! I used to cut my mom up about it (now I feel bad because she's no longer with us). But those bow blouses were and are awful!! And very very polyester! Come on, Kathy! I hope those are silk or satin, but no more bow blouses I beg...
    I think Kathy Hilton is great too. She really exudes class. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching each week and wish it were not coming to an end. I would love it if they renewed this show, but I doubt it will happen....I haven't heard any mention of it. It was refreshing to see a reality show where the contestants were not mean and calculating (for the most part anyway). LOL about the bow blouse.....I actually think I wore them well into the 1980's!
    IF YOU GAZE FOR LONG INTO THE ABYSS, THE ABYSS ALSO GAZES INTO YOU....(Nietzsche)

I loved Kathy last night. She has great class and carries herself very well. I think she was the perfect reality host for this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345