+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latricia

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_romane
    I think she deserves it the most out of anyone there. You learn vocabulary over time, not over a period of weeks. The issue here is her background and society standards and I think a person can sound intellegent and not have an Oxford education.
    "deserves it"? I've watched all the episodes and even though I still don't know what the point is of this show, I am confident in saying I'm sure that finding the most deserving person is not the point.

"You learn vocabulary over time, not over a period of weeks". True, but she's not a child. She's a grown woman who should have a decent vocabulary at this point in her life.

"I think a person can sound intellegent and not have an Oxford education". Agreed but she does not come across as intellegent in any way.

The show may be portraying her badly but she's giving them an awful lot of ammunition, so to speak. It's not as if they're cutting and pasting words from different sentences... her words and actions are her own. Granted there's a lot of editing that goes on but like I said, she provides a lot for them to work with.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey
    Reality shows are not about who deserves to win. It is about playing the game and being the best at executing the challenges. Their story has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_romane
    I think she deserves it the most out of anyone there. You learn vocabulary over time, not over a period of weeks. The issue here is her background and society standards and I think a person can sound intellegent and not have an Oxford education.
    Deserving should have very little to do with it. She is the worst one there at what they are required to do. Besides that, she has the worst attitude imaginable. I get a little tired of people thinking they are owed something. If she really thought that she should have the win then she should have stepped up to the plate from day one. If she ends up with it, and I wouldn't doubt that for a minute, it will have absolutely nothing to do with her qualifications.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I think I really like her. She's bossy yet hates that in others. She also is a nurturer. Look how comfortable she made those (that she obviously didn't like) feel. I like her nerve!!

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I think I really like her. She's bossy yet hates that in others. She also is a nurturer. Look how comfortable she made those (that she obviously didn't like) feel. I like her nerve!!
    She made someone feel comfortable???? I must have missed that part.
    Now I'll agree with you that she has nerve.... to spare.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Oh Muduh, I was being "fresh" and sarcastic, altho' I really do like her! She does have her bad moments, like all of us!

The Rodman
    Well to me Latricia was just plain stupid and blinded by greed from the beginning. You would think you know what your chances are ( as a minority ) in these kinds of shows so I just don't understand why she or any minority for that matter sign up to do these silly shows that anyone with a little bit of a hunch knows what the outcome will be. I say this show is a scam and I'm afraid Rashad and Latricia were just being taken advantaged of to satisfy some FCC regulation on Minority Rights for NBC

Quote Originally Posted by roddy
    Well to me Latricia was just plain stupid and blinded by greed from the beginning. You would think you know what your chances are ( as a minority ) in these kinds of shows so I just don't understand why she or any minority for that matter sign up to do these silly shows that anyone with a little bit of a hunch knows what the outcome will be. I say this show is a scam and I'm afraid Rashad and Latricia were just being taken advantaged of to satisfy some FCC regulation on Minority Rights for NBC
    I don't think the fact that she's a minority has a thing to do with her being a boor. They come in all colors.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    These bios in general may be a mistake to look at; I can't understand why most of these folks don't focus on trying to find happiness where they are now. Becoming rich (or at least refined) doesn't seem like a road to happiness to me.
    The show in general doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. What are these people supposed to learn? Kathy Hilton seems to have absolutely no expertise to pass down to anyone. To try and make her out to be an expert at anything just because she is rich is a big stretch The show just seems like a very superficial attempt at the Beverly Hill Billies theme.

Quote Originally Posted by roddy
    Didn't a Black Woman win survivor one year. In this case Latricia just doesn't have a whole lot of sense (in this bunch I would consider her a genius) so I would save the racial card for someone a little bit smarter like Kwame Jackson from the Apprentice (I do think Bill won fairly, I thought Kwame did a good job).
    Last edited by Sylonious; 08-04-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Reality shows are not about who deserves to win. It is about playing the game and being the best at executing the challenges. Their story has nothing to do with it.
    exactly!!!! i guess people just starting gettign emotionally attached to some of the contestants aaaahhh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast