+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latricia

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto
    Interesting how the comments went from negative (Omarosa?!) to positive once the show started airing. She looks like she's risked the most to be on this show, so I hope she does well.
    ITA!

[QUOTE=Swingsongbird] The only thing I didn't like was the "I have a child so I deserve it more" comments. QUOTE]

Totally agree with you, I hate when contestents use the 'I have a child so I deserve it more than you' strategy. If she had used birth control she wouldn't be in this situation. To me it is a cop out excuse.

FORT Fogey
    She is a mixed bag for me. There is a vulnerable quality and sweetness that snags my heart. Then she goes and blows it by doing that attitude tic of repeating a line over and over........get out of my face........get out of my face..........get out of my face (or something similar).

This sets my teeth on edge. It is a way to speak your mind when you are not articulate enough to say much more, coupled with some queer arrogance.

I am not even sure what the prize is other than "living the high life for a year". What does that mean? Thousands at her disposal? I doubt it. Luxurious housing? Perhaps a nicely furnished apartment. Chauffeur, maid, invitations to society parties, a new wardrobe, rubbing elbows with NY elite? And will we ever know?

How she thinks this will help her son I don't know. She will be out on the street looking for a job and housing at years end. How satisfying will that be?

FORT Fogey
    I hope she stays for a while longer... she is the life of the show!

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I like her. She has a few issues, but most of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    If she had used birth control she wouldn't be in this situation.
    I really hate when people say all you have to do is use birth control to keep from having children. Do you really think birth control is full proof?
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by realityluver

I really hate when people say all you have to do is use birth control to keep from having children. Do you really think birth control is full proof?
    I know! I think that is so BS! My mom was on BC and the shot when she got pregnant with me and my sister...so it just goes to show you that BC is not always 100% accurate!

FORT Regular
    "She looked like an abstract painting.. done by a crazy person"

haha. She's the star of this show for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver

Why does anyone think she didn't want her child??? This whole conversation boggles my mind! For all we know, she could have been married at the time- or not. Since when is being a single parent a bad thing? While I don't agree that she *deserves it more* because she has a child, I think it's wrong to condemn her for not using birth control! Give me a freakin break!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    She is a mixed bag for me. There is a vulnerable quality and sweetness that snags my heart. Then she goes and blows it by doing that attitude tic of repeating a line over and over........get out of my face........get out of my face..........get out of my face (or something similar).

This sets my teeth on edge. It is a way to speak your mind when you are not articulate enough to say much more, coupled with some queer arrogance.

I am not even sure what the prize is other than "living the high life for a year". What does that mean? Thousands at her disposal? I doubt it. Luxurious housing? Perhaps a nicely furnished apartment. Chauffeur, maid, invitations to society parties, a new wardrobe, rubbing elbows with NY elite? And will we ever know?

How she thinks this will help her son I don't know. She will be out on the street looking for a job and housing at years end. How satisfying will that be?
    Along with the wardrobe, maybe they could give her a new personality and attitude.
    I agree about all that repeating. I think that she has such a limited vocabulary that when she hits on a sentence that works for her she just stays with it until the next one pops into her head.
    Of all the deserving women who are out there, they chose this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Along with the wardrobe, maybe they could give her a new personality and attitude.
    I agree about all that repeating. I think that she has such a limited vocabulary that when she hits on a sentence that works for her she just stays with it until the next one pops into her head.
    Of all the deserving women who are out there, they chose this one.
    I think she deserves it the most out of anyone there. You learn vocabulary over time, not over a period of weeks. The issue here is her background and society standards and I think a person can sound intellegent and not have an Oxford education.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast