+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955;2199575;
    Perhaps, someone else has asked this question, but why is Tiff's mama now being called "Sister Patterson"? Is that her new character name? Just curious...

Cat
    Sister Patterson" is what she would be called in church and is what Koko called her (as a means of respect) on the reunion show. Most AA churches (usually Baptist) will call a mature woman "Sister" (i.e. "Sister Susie in the Amen corner!")

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2199871;
    Sister Patterson" is what she would be called in church and is what Koko called her
    Don't you mean La La?
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Quote Originally Posted by breezez_air;2200012;
    Don't you mean La La?

La La? Oh THAT can't be right

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I only caught the part where she was meeting the guys and giving them their names. She's got nothing on Flav--her names came out as a pretty weak effort. I don't mind NY, but I feel the urge to slap her mother frequently. I'm loving the guy in the house who brought out the drinks at the end...he's a cartoon, no doubt, but he did add some needed levity. I just wish this show wasn't on Monday nights.

Just about 20 minutes into the show, impressions mmm Chance is a thug and needs to go. Interesting that New York is so ga ga over him. But if she is that explains her attraction to Flav, since Chance is a mini Flav. But per Judge Joe Brown criteria I don't think Chance is much of a man as a leech ready to live of his woman. Maybe New York likes that type so much cause she thinks she can control them; cause she is sick of being controlled by her mother and she wants her turn.

Seriously, the smoking is a big turnoff, who wants to kiss a mouth that tastes like an ashtray.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2199871;
    Sister Patterson" is what she would be called in church and is what Koko called her (as a means of respect) on the reunion show. Most AA churches (usually Baptist) will call a mature woman "Sister" (i.e. "Sister Susie in the Amen corner!")
    I know many nondenominational Christian churches call the members brother and sister. But not in casual conversation.

I watched a bit of the show (off and on). It was .... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955;2199623;
    Yes, this show seems like it will be very entertaining, on so many levels. And, as I said about the "Flavor of Love" franchise, as long as one doesn't take this kind of show too seriously, then, in my opinion, you might get some laughs, if nothing else.

Hey... Tiffany, Miss NY, is staying in character, here, and, even, her moms ("Sister Patterson") is doing the same. And, all else seems to be consistent, so far, as an extension of the "flava" of FOL. This guy, Chance, seems, indeed, like the "wild card" version of Miss New York, too......

Hey, I know that "I Love New York" is yet another casting call for this franchise, i.e., acting in roles is definitely involved, WRT all (or mostly all of) the cast members/on-screen participants. But, to me, that's OK, 'cause I see that is the "reality", here.

Once again, folks, this is mindless entertainment, OK? I have NO delusions to the contrary. And, as such, in this spinoff from FOL, I see the potential for "I Love New York" to be a winner, for the most part, and strictly as such it is... I guess that time and paying attention to this series will tell, and, hey, we shall see... But, again, and in so many words, "it is what it is", and what I mentioned above is a major part of the reality of the show, to me.

I hope that the episodes of this spinoff live up to the guilty pleasure that has become a major part of the appeal with, i.e., my continued viewing of FOL, and, now, one of its "children." So, go 'head on, Tiff, Miss NY -- find your love, and entertain us, at the same time - on TV!

Debra

Yes, Cat, you're definately right on spot there.

This is DEFINATELY my guilty and mindless pleasure! This show is like laughing at the silly clown.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123