+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sister Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2220541;
    Hah! Like that kind of church would ever let out early! They'd declare the shattering of the glass either a sign from god or an attack of the devil, then extend the service by a minimum of two hours to either (depending on the perceived cause of the aforementioned glass shattering) "pah-raise-uh Him-uh" (can't leave out the pentecostal schwa!) or summon the prayer warriors to "do battle-uh in the heavenlies-uh." Oh, and of course somewhere in the middle of the praisin' and/or doin' battle, the minister would declare that he heard the audible voice of god instructing him to take a second offering.
    You are so on point... this is my first time posting but I just had to respond to your above description

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;2222854;
    You are so on point... this is my first time posting but I just had to respond to your above description

Glad to see you here -- welcome to the craziness!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by BLaNKoBoRiQuA;2219380;
    SISTER Patterson? Dont they call nuns sister? she sure aint no nun

I've been wondering where "Sister" came from, too. We know she's certainly no nun. Unless it did come from the Brothuh/Sistah explanation that was given. Still, Flav used to call her "Ms. Michelle" so I just find it interesting that she's going by something different than she was going by in FoL.

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2228466;
    I've been wondering where "Sister" came from, too. We know she's certainly no nun. Unless it did come from the Brothuh/Sistah explanation that was given. Still, Flav used to call her "Ms. Michelle" so I just find it interesting that she's going by something different than she was going by in FoL.
    "Sister" is a term of endearment for a "Church Lady" in most black churches. Almost all older women in the church are called Sister aka "Sister suzie in the amen corner"

I thought the whole church thing was hilarious, personally. It was so weird!

I loved that part where Chance called her Peppermint Patterson. Hee!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO;2236017;
    I thought the whole church thing was hilarious, personally. It was so weird!

I loved that part where Chance called her Peppermint Patterson. Hee!

Actually, I have been in churches like that. Her church was pretty calm compared to the bible thumping, wild dancing, yelling out the holy ghost to the top of your lungs church services I have witnessed.

That's why dinner and sleep are the only sunday accomplishments after services. Boy what a workout!!!

From wikipedia it sounds as if Sister Patterson may be the real deal.

Her mother, Michelle Patterson (1 out of 8 children), is the daughter of Reverend George Patterson who is a minister of the Pentecostal Church Christ Temple Church of the Apostolic Faith
    Tiffany Pollard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Re: Sister Patterson

Does anyone know where "Mr Patterson" is, NewYork's father?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;2705097;
    Does anyone know where "Mr Patterson" is, NewYork's father?

Father Patterson never married NY mom who's name I believe is Michelle Pollard. He simply chose not to participate in the ILNY series even though he did make appearances on both FOL and FOL2

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do believe I read that the woman who plays NY's mother is, indeed, not her mother, but an actress who is close to NY in age. Interesting. I definitely wouldn't trust anything about a show like this that I read in Wikipedia, where anyone can enter anything.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast