+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 1 11/09--Men In Tights: Not Always a Good Thing

Frank explains that he hates his job because basically he deals with something that comes out of a cows butt all day. A lot of people say that about their jobs. They just don't mean it literally.

, Mariner! Awesome job!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Great recap, Mariner! Bravo!

What a strange little show, I might have to check it out...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Mariner, that was ace!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Great job, Mariner! Sounds like a very odd little show, but no matter . . . you turned in an excellent debut recap! I'm looking forward to reading along as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Josh who is "so over his job" as a preschool teacher tells us that hes not sure he can quit. He tells us what are they going to do if Im not here? Thrive?

JR.
    One can only ask so many people if they are dog owners and count so many bags of dog food before considering going postal on the cardboard dog display with a wagging tail.
    I'd pay good money to see that Great job Mariner!

The worst part was that the wagging tail made this little wooshing noise as it went back and forth. For a couple of hours it was okay. After 9 hours a day, it was driving me crazy.

Great recap Mariner! I agree, a whole line of jokes were ruined by Rev Al keeping his hair in check
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I am immediately upset because Als hair is relatively normal in a James Brown kind of way.

Frank describes his current job as senior operator at a waste water dairy plant. The show graphics later identify him as a cow manure processor.

Chuck is a handyman who describes his job as basic and not very challenging. Given that the only task we see Chuck performing is fixing an electrical outlet; its hard not to agree with him.

Ben is first and basically just beats the crap out of five dummies. It looks like a performance one of my twelve year old cousins would turn in.

Take This Job and Shovel It

Next time on I Hate My Job, Al tells the four remaining contestants the next step is to quit their jobs. Frank who has four children and good employee benefits demonstrates that he has yet to read the latest relationship book, She Really Will be that Pissed at You by quitting without talking to his wife first. Josh who is "so over his job" as a preschool teacher tells us that hes not sure he can quit. He tells us what are they going to do if Im not here? Thrive?
    Great job Mariner.

I had to quote the entire final paragraph as it had me rolling

LG.
    I'm just getting caught up, and love it. Your dog food job sounds dreadful, and I loved the SHAZAM! reference too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12