+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are there no women?

Why are there no women?

I'm just curious, looking over this list, why there are no women on the show. Did they do it on purpose, or are there no women who hate their jobs?

John, I wondered the same thing. I think that's odd.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think it's Spike going after their core audience, men. Apparently, who ever cast this show didn't realize they'd get more male viewers if at least one or two of the contestants was a hot woman.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm just curious, looking over this list, why there are no women on the show. Did they do it on purpose, or are there no women who hate their jobs?
    Well, it is certainly not the later part.

(Just kidding if my boss is on this site and recognizes me...I'm...errr talking about my sister) :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Wow...I think that is very odd that there is no women on this show.
    Maybe all the women were to busy working, to sign up.
    I never saw the sign up sheet or I would be the one woman on this show.
    Nevertheless, I'll watch it.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Or the 2nd woman on the show.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Like Mariner said, Spike's core audience is supposed to be men. They unveiled themselves initially as the first "network for men", although clearly they haven't been successful in conveying that to the general public.

So in that sense, I'm not surprised that there are no women participants on the show--after all, no one questions why "Starting Over" has only women (although what man would want to live with that much estrogen in the house?).

I do, however, think it is a stupid move. I agree with Mariner that they would probably get more male viewers if some comely ladies were cast--say, bored librarians who wish to become hot strippers?!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Like Mariner said, Spike's core audience is supposed to be men. They unveiled themselves initially as the first "network for men", although clearly they haven't been successful in conveying that to the general public.

So in that sense, I'm not surprised that there are no women participants on the show--after all, no one questions why "Starting Over" has only women (although what man would want to live with that much estrogen in the house?).

I do, however, think it is a stupid move. I agree with Mariner that they would probably get more male viewers if some comely ladies were cast--say, bored librarians who wish to become hot strippers?!!
    I can see it now. A Marian the Librarian type who starts out the first episode with a bun and quickly lets her hair loose and starts dancing around a pole. Now that would capture Spike's target audience.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Snowy, I like the way you think

I guarentee the viewers would double under that scenario.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast