+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jim

Jim

From the offical site:

Job he hates: Lawyer
    Job he wants: Comedian

A Harvard graduate, Jim enjoys both surfing and traveling. He is 28 years old and lives in Los Angeles, CA.

Is he a laywer now? I wonder what type. I think it's funny that he would like to be a stand up. Hopefully he's funny.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

There are days where being a lawyer feels like a joke. Let's just hope he's actually funny as opposed to delusional.

You have to have a sense of humor to be a lawyer. And at the very least, he's heard 'em all, right?

True John. I'm just afraid he's going to tell some really bad jokes. If he sucks, I hope he gets cut the first night before he quits his job.

FORT Newbie
    Why would a lawyer want to give up his job to do stand up? Isnt there a show out there called "Last comic standing"? Have you heard of moonlighting? You can still do comedy without quitting your day job.

Quote Originally Posted by TVgal
    Why would a lawyer want to give up his job to do stand up? Isnt there a show out there called "Last comic standing"? Have you heard of moonlighting? You can still do comedy without quitting your day job.
    Maybe it's because he hates being a lawyer. Seriously, I know a lot of lawyers who would switch careers if they could.

FORT Newbie
    yea, but to go on a reality tv show to do it? a lawyer could afford to do it on his own! what a waste of a harvard law degree IMO.

Good point. I wonder if he just wasn't able to take the step of quitting his job on his own. Maybe the show was the only way he could get motivated to pursue his dream?

FORT Newbie
    I just wonder if the guy is actually funny? It just seems there are alot of better choices out there, like that Brad guy, the one that wants to be cartoonist for his kids. THAT seems to be one that deserves it, imo. Also, ones like Chuck, a hockey coach, there are no other shows out there for stuff like that. I hope the REAL guys get the lucky break, not ones that just want to be actors/entertainers. There are already too many shows out there to help guys like Jim, Frank or a few others, its time for the REAL working men out there to have a chance.

+ Reply to Thread