+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

7/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I like this show a lot too. Unlike the Bachelor, it's not the same thing over and over again. Other than some of the "advice," it all comes across as very natural. I too fear that the ratings will be too low to consider another run. It's too bad because it's a fun show.

FORT Fogey
    I just watched the July 3rd show.

The phemerone demonstration was interesting and astounding! If I had been Michelle I would have felt a lot of pressure to make the demo 100% accurate. Her comment about the fresh laundry gave me a clue that she just may have. A cover your ass move, just in case. Who doesn't favor the smell of freshly washed clothes?

A plot is emerging and when the hour ended I wanted more. It flew by. Well, Tivo does help.

We hear the words, "tell him the relationship is over" from the male coach. Cut to Alissa. It could be any one of them. Editing wouldn't give away her saying good bye to Joe, would it? And do 3 dates constitute a relationship? Someone's old boyfriend, perhaps?

It is getting better and I liked it from the start. Good editing too.

I also caught up today with the 7-3 episode. Third date seems to be the crunch date - do you or don't you want to take it farther. Ice cream buddies, Michelle? LOL! He just kind of slunk out of there. Necking in the taxi with Sean, huh? A continued date...with fresh laundry guy...but does he really turn you on? Kris and Josh seem to be bonding closer...the friend test was huge - and I liked the coach tips for the prep - build up for your friends and give info to your guy. For Alyssa. the Joey red-flags just keep on rising. She did not acknowledge his touches in church and while he said he was listening to her "I need space" speech", I wonder. And then - the online guy! I laughed so hard during the "romantic run across the sand!" And the advice about the initial bear hug didn't even need to be given. Wonder how he smelled? LA is eight hours by car from San Francisco if you don't hit the rest stops - an hour and half by plane (this I know because 10 years ago I was a weekly commuter between the two). He may be terrific but long-distance just won't work - especially in the early stages of a relationship. Good luck Alyssa. Anne and Dennis - hmm - hope they didn't wake the neighbors.

Once again the production values were superb. Loved the Coit tower views, even if they did end in an ice-cream buddy non-thing. Not that I was liking the guy for Michelle, but okay - concentrate on Sean for now.

I'm nervous for week 5...things are heating up and cooling down and it could get messy. We'll see...

FORT Fogey
    I do not feel the connection between Kris and Josh. The words are there but no chemistry coming from Kris anyway. I do see Josh totally stunned that he got a hot girl, though. That comes across! LOL! Could be the editing.

Joe did not have the sense to just enjoy the church to the best of his ability and not touch Alissa. That is what queered the experience for her. She was in her turf, connecting with her friend and it was not the right moment to insert himself in that way. His ability to intuit a situation is poor. He just goes in with "charm".

And I hate it when someone does the fingery, stroking thing on the shoulder or back. Just do the arm around and occasionally squeeze but DO NOT do the tickley thing. I don't even like it as foreplay and that is how it reads to me, in any situation.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-04-2006 at 07:11 PM.

What happened to the show last night? It wasn't on up here. They ran CSI Miami instead. Is it because of the holiday weekend?

Did anyone see it? Let me know. Thanks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Please discuss the show from 7/3 in this thread!

I have not watched the whole thing yet but the tiny part I saw did seem interesting. I am looking forward to watching it all tonight to find out what happens with the ladies.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 07-05-2006 at 09:29 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, there were/are some turns in the show, but isnt that EXACTLY how life is. Sometimes you think you got one and then they do the creepy neck tickle and you know that you couldn't possibly spend the rest of your life with someone who feels you up in church.

BTW, that shirt really did smell like fresh laundry... oh there are some stories to tell... can't wait till the end of ep. 6.

FORT Fogey
    Oh, I believed you that it did smell like laundry. I sensed you were glad there was a rock solid reason to choose it, just in case the laundry soap blocked the phermone smell. He must use Gain and shower well before bed! It is totally my projection. I would feel the pressure!

This is my take on Kris and Josh. Kris if you are reading this, I know this is a snippet of you on TV. I just cannot stop myself from analyzing. It is what I do. If any of them walk away with no love connection I think it will be Kris. The show may end with her dating someone but it won't last. Kris appears to be thinking of Josh being the one with her intellect. She is not sure but he is so smitten it is hard to resist thinking it may be so. She is just not feeling it.

There is a degree of pressure to fall in synch with someone, has to be. The show is set up to create this.

The scene with Grant running across the beach was precious. Don't know enough about him yet.

You seem to be doing well with Sean, Michelle. If anyone stays with the guy they have now, it is Ann. Jury is out on you and Sean, for now.

And yes, this show is exactly how life is. That is why I am fascinated. Love it.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-05-2006 at 03:38 PM.

FORT Fan
    I thought the conversation Alissa had with Joe about "needing space" was too vague. She was trying to get a point across, but was vague about it, and he was vague in his supposed understanding of her point.

I paused the bio information on that on-line guy from Los Angeles, and I noticed it said he had two sons, which hasn't come up in conversation yet. Wonder if it will in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    This is my take on Kris and Josh. Kris if you are reading this, I know this is a snippet of you on TV. I just cannot stop myself from analyzing. It is what I do. If any of them walk away with no love connection I think it will be Kris. The show may end with her dating someone but it won't last. Kris appears to be thinking of Josh being the one with her intellect. She is not sure but he is so smitten it is hard to resist thinking it may be so. She is just not feeling it.
    Is it just me or does the whole Kris and Josh thing feel like a cop-out? No offense to Kris, and I certainly recognize that the editing never allows for the whole story to be shared . . . but it seems kind of like she is approaching her relationship with Josh like it is a homework assignment. The teachers (love coaches) gave her assignment to find a man, and like a good student, she has found one. Like someone said, he's jazzed that he got the hot girl he was always interested. And he will take her any way he can get her (even if it is by default). She just seems like she is going through the motions to finish her “assignment” and doesn’t want to do the “journey thing” or is to self-concious about how she will look on tv and is opting for the easy way by forming an insta-relationship with a guy she already knows is hot for her. She just doesn’t seem head over heels, I mean, what’s the best she can say about him? "He doesn’t raise any red flags. I'm comfortable with him." Pretty exciting and romantic stuff, there.

I apologize for the snarking. I could certainly snark on the other ladies for minor things, but I respect that they put themselves out there (and if another one of them likes to drink way too much on her dates so what?) Kris should put herself out there to find a guy that she really wants. If she does not find *the* guy during the taping of the show, so what? She's still an attractive, smart, successful woman, who may not even want a boyfriend right now. Perhaps . . . Ideally, yes. Realistically, no. I know she was probably a great student, but she doesn't need to ace this assignment too. "On paper" isn't everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast