+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/19 Episode Discussion **SPOILERS**

6/19 Episode Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hi. Is anyone watching this show?

This show is confusing me so far. Ohhhh, it's all about love/date coaching. Boring.
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 06-19-2006 at 10:46 PM.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    It's on at 10PM so I'm recording it tonight. I'm enjoying it.

Love is Blind

I think I like this show because its based in SF and I enjoy the imagery. I didnt understand the internet dating segment when none of the girls were shown going on internet dates. I do like the intro Michelle picked. I also find it interesting that one woman goes on a date with an old friend and another gets set up on a blind date by a friend and their dates both ended up to be good ones without the help or influence of the coaches on the show. Being in SF I'm sure these women have no problem meeting people and going on dates. The struggle is finding somone with the right chemistry and I dont think you can teach that.

FORT Fogey
    I enjoyed this very much. The authentic exchanges and spontaneous reparte makes for good viewing. Producers on The Bachelor could learn a few things from this show. The outakes on the last show are the only interesting and real footage.

Humor is my heart hook in both love and friendships and there is plenty here.

About the wine, "it tastes like a grassy knoll", good one Michelle. Dennis is adorable; his chatting on the waterfront, with Ann, was precious. A good line is coming next week. "If I am not your type, what is?",
    "I like em dumb." Okay, that right there is your cue to marry the guy, Michele. Hysterical.

Joey is fabulous, as well.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-20-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I enjoyed this very much. The authentic exchanges and spontaneous reparte makes for good viewing. Producers on The Bachelor could learn a few things from this show. The outakes on the last show are the only interesting and real footage.
    I'm with you Dogbat! I just watched the show recorded on my DVR. I, too, enjoyed the episode. Too bad it appears the show is not going to do as well as the Bachelor (judging by the response in the forums here alone). I guess it's just too close to real life. I don't think the Bachelor producers will have any motivation to learn anything from it.

I found last night's show much more interesting than the first. It was fun watching them trying the internet---oh those awful guys they met thru that--and the 'blind dates' were original.

FORT Newbie
    I'm proud of the integrity of this show, the heart, the compassion, the honesty. If that means less viewers than the Bachelor, that's a-ok with me. Who wants to desperately trample over other women to get some guy? I have a very close friend who was in a bad car accident this week and has been in ICU (she's pulling through thank god). Do you know who has been by her bed for days: her girlfriends. Men often come and go, but your friends, your real friends, will be there to tell you that you look fantastic with the new shaved head.

FORT Fogey
    Sweet and oh so true.

H2O

Now that's a blind date....

I liked the idea of the blindfolded blind date.

I like the advice to date multiple people and not put all your emotional eggs in one basket.

I think all the women are evolving. I was pleased to see Michelle loosen up a bit and have a fun date.

I enjoyed it very much last night too. The women had me grinning from ear-to-ear for most of the show and being such a skeptic, I find myself suprised that I am genuinely rooting for them all! I am a Bachelor fan but I am also pleasantly surprised at this show's more casual breeziness. I was expecting the show to feel as forced as the Bachelor or other reality-dating shows, but it's not and it's great because of that. The small, intimate moments on the dates are very sweet and more real than any other reality-dating show I can recall.

Or maybe I am just biased because I live in San Francisco and know how difficult the dating scene is (I have lived in many places and have found that San Francisco has absolutely been the most challenging scene. My friends call SF the "Land of Peter Pans" referring to the guys who are child-like in their self-absorption, don't want to grow up, have responsibility outside themselves, etc., etc., etc.).

I understand some guys didn't want to be shown but I wonder if the women had any problems filtering out the guys whose priority was to get on t.v. (Even in San Francisco, yes there are guys like that.) But in the meantime I will enjoy the women's journeys and I wish them well.
    Last edited by miadora; 06-20-2006 at 01:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast