+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/12 Episode Premiere Discussion **SPOILERS**

I can't believe I wasted an hour of my life last night on this show.

I turned the channel right around the time they forced the girl in the bookstore to make forced small talk like "do you have the time?" Ugh! And what makes these people love coaches anyway?
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The woman I thought would shine - Michelle - over-talked her potential dates and is way too insecure about the process. The woman I thought would have problems was featured most of the show - probably because she followed the plan.

I loved the locations - gorgeous. Trying to pick up a guy in Cody's...well...they should have tried the Marina Safeway (if it's still there after the quake.)

My thoughts exactly. Michelle just wouldn't stop yapping. That poor guy couldn't get a word in. It would be really hard to see yourself revealed like this on television.

I wonder if they will hit the Marina safeway. Always a great pick up spot.

FORT Newbie
    C'mon, who hasn't had a bad first date where you sorta filled up the uncomfortable silence. Sure, I blabbed a little bit (and god, about NOTHING interesting)- I'm a lawyer, I'm almost paid by the word! ;-)

In all seriousness (I'm being sarcastic as clearly no one can take a fun little show like this seriously), give me a shot ... i think i redeem myself a bit in Episode 2.

I love you all for watching and judging-- exactly what I would be doing too, if... I weren't in the hot seat!! Michelle

to the FORT Michelle

I have to admit the speed-dating was edited for laughs. That is what I'm hoping for with this show - laughs not cringes (though I do flinch in a "been there done that" way.) I think it was Anne who pulled out of the bookstore - told them that whispering made it doubly hard to make contact. Her handlers looked perplexed, then "doing!" they got it. When she and her friend were leaning against the lamppost so her friend could try out the 4 second stare and smile, I was afraid they would be solicited - another funny moment.

I've got my DVR set up for the series...gotta see if you all make serious connections - if that is what you really want.

P.S. Are they editing you as a talker - not listener...because in the walk with your brother you talked his ear off as well. Maybe you did listen, but TPTB sure didn't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    It certainly reminded me of dating woes and pitfalls and that I should suggest that my sinister watch it..
    I assume it was supposed to be "sister." But I enjoyed the "sinister" MUCH more.

FORT Newbie

Sinister sister

you gotta remember that they edit these things to get our point of view. The walk with my brother was 4 hours long and what you saw was 10 seconds [oops, am I ruining the fun of reality tv]. I suppose they wanted you to get my point of view on the experience and not necessarily his. But then again, I am kind of a talker. I'll let u decide on Ep. 2

BTW, my brother was mostly pissed because they only showed 1/4 of his head.

whatcha gonna do? m

ps-- if I didn't have an "obstacle" you all would be bored to tears... who wants to watch someone perfect date. Blah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I assume it was supposed to be "sister." But I enjoyed the "sinister" MUCH more.
    Nope. I have an evil twin sinister. And it's appropriate I affectionately refer to her as such!

CareerGirl: I enjoy that the dates don't work out and that there are trouble spots for every girl. That's the way it goes in real life. Everything does not work out tickity-poo just because you may be wanting it to.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This is almost not worth the time it takes to post, but NO ONE has EVER called San Francisco the "Little City by the Bay." What, are the clueless producers from somewhere they regard as a "big" city? Old Chronicle columnists used to call it the "City by the Bay," and Bay Area residents refer to "The City," but there is nothing "little" about it. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    This is almost not worth the time it takes to post, but NO ONE has EVER called San Francisco the "Little City by the Bay." What, are the clueless producers from somewhere they regard as a "big" city? Old Chronicle columnists used to call it the "City by the Bay," and Bay Area residents refer to "The City," but there is nothing "little" about it. Bleh.
    Snort. I love The City. Never heard it called little before this. Bet the producers are from LA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast