+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michelle - The Career Girl

I wasn't sure how open she was to the whole process.
    It seems as though the girl next door was getting the most coaching in the first episode, but Michelle might just benefit from listening to the coaches.
    I don't see that she has anything to lose by listening to them, even though she is not keen on this volume dating they want the women to try.

She's very attractive, imo and appears to have a lot to offer, but I think the guy she was talking with seemed a bit bombarded by her.
    She seems very confident and assured and is able to carry both sides of a coversation and it looked like her date struggled a bit to get a word in edgeways and eventually lost interest a bit.

I found her pretty likeable though and actually welcomed her apparently skepticism. I'd have been disappointed if all the women immediately turned themselves over to the Love Coaches plans without standing their corner.
    Hopefully she can find a good balance between following her own instincts and taking their advice.
    If she rails against them entirely then it was pointless her doing the show, imo.
    The coaches will need to understand that they can't use the same set of tricks (i.e. "drop the hankie") for all the women and alter their advice accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    Here is an interview that a local San Francisco organization did with Michelle.

http://www.rocksf.org/press-michelle.htm
    That was a nice interview. She seems sweet.

FORT Newbie

"Are you open...?" "To An Intervention?"

The site also contains the recorded radio show with Ronn Owens. Alyssa and I had a blast doing it.

Lovely interview.You mentioned not going to Paris (alluding to the Bachelor: Paris?). Then you either have watched or are aware of the Bachelor series. sigh. Those who will post on this show's thread at FORT are also more than likely Bachelor posters (relationship series) and Bachelor posters have become very cynical over the years regarding the show's process and outcome. (Not that we - well, me - would ever stop watching.) My point - you will read a lot of negative observations and opinion on the fan sites mainly because of ennui, BUT you will also find friends among strangers who will only know your story as it unfolds.

Since this show is not a contest (ala Bachelor) but a documentary of sorts (actually I could evision this show as a really cute romantic movie with a challenged heroine and a bumbling hero...) perhaps they should have taken this out of the Reality category and cast it as a BRAVO on-going series like they did with Queer Eye.

I think that is how I'll watch it - less brain strain trying to fit it into the current concept of Reality TV.

FORT Newbie
    Arielflies,

Great observation... in fact that's the concept we worked under, more docu-soap, less "reality." Without giving too much away, i will tell you that there were REAL successes... I mean actual on-going relationships that came from this. I think you will see at the end that the outcome greatly mirrors real life. Sometimes you find a frog and sometimes you get lucky and you find someone who sticks.

I always hated that fairy-tale aspect of the Bachelor (and when I say this, i mean I hated it but couldn't turn away from the train wreck) where after the cat fights ended someone gets an engagement ring... c'mon, you don't even know what it's like to date and hold down a job. I always thought, what the heck happens when you go back to life? Here, we dated in our lives. They met friends, family, etc.

There's alot of work to be done to change people's perception of "reality-tv"...but I think this show is a start.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, I got it immediately that this was more documentary than reality. I didn't realize that you also carried on with work and life at home as usual. It makes sense, of course.

I like this series as I said in the show thread.

I realize you are under contract not to speak of certain aspects but I will ask some things in hope. Not everyone is willing to go on a TV show so you are limited to men who will agree. This, of course, eliminates quite a few. Did any of you make a preliminary connection who later refused to be a part of the show? Are some of these men chosen ahead and planted in a book store or venue to see if they can make a connection with any of you?

Did you bond with the other women to the point of a friendship after the show wrapped?

I think most of us who watch the Bachelor feel the same way. Because two unions were born from this stilted and preposterous offering, we hold hope for another.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-16-2006 at 09:40 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Actually, one of the best things to come of this show is the new friendships with Alyssa, Anne and Kris. I'm especially close to Alyssa and Anne, whom I talk with almost daily. BTW, they crack me up all the time! I think you will all be surprised at Alyssa's sneaky sarcasm.

Yes, there were some guys who were unwilling to be filmed. I totally respect that decision. It certainly wasn't an easy decision for me...

But, for the most part, people said what the heck. There were various set-ups by friends, the LCs (they chose dates for our blind dating next week), family, internet, etc., basically normal ways in which you would meet someone. There were no tricks.

And, yes, our regular lives went on and I think you will start to see much more of that beginning Ep. 2

FORT Fogey
    Thanks Michelle, I appreciate your participation here. It is adding to my enjoyment of this show. A little background information always makes things more interesting. I would not be surprised to see this documentary style take off and start nudging out some of the more contrived reality TV that has reached a saturation point. There is a little Sex and the City flavor to this show. If they show more footage of you all together discussing the process then we will really have it.

FORT Newbie
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...VGO9JDME11.DTL

Sunday's Chronicle. Interview with the ladies of HTGTG

:hiiya Michelle. Thank you so much for the link. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves. I think you are all very very brave. And it was lots of fun to see what happened during the blind date episode
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast