+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kris - The Party Girl

Kris - The Party Girl

Born in Indonesia on the island of Java, Kris arrived in the United States with her family when she was 8 months old. Her family settled into the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, where she grew up in Columbia, MD.

She received her bachelor's of science in business administration, international business, at American University in Washington D.C., then worked as a senior consultant for Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) for several years out of the Dallas office. After tiring from the hectic management consultant life of hopping on planes, trains and automobiles every day, she decided that she needed a new challenge and applied to law school.

Kris attended law school at Southern Methodist University then transferred to Northwestern University, finishing law school in Chicago. Kris worked as an associate for a major firm in Chicago, practicing in corporate litigation. After years of late nights at the office and billable hours, she decided to sell all her belongings, bringing her possessions down to two suitcases, then took a year "sabbatical" to travel the world: Europe, Africa and Asia, settling in Jakarta to experience the expat life. After a great time experiencing the world, she was ready to move back "stateside" and moved to San Francisco, the greatest city in the world, to build a new life and find a satisfying career, great friends and love.

She is currently working for a technology company as a litigation consultant and finds herself very happy with her job and the people she gets to work with every day. Kris is working on getting the "jigsaw puzzle" of life put together and all the while enjoying the city -- biking, hiking, cooking, eating, karaoke-ing, traveling, scotch-drinking, and hanging out with "the Hollahs", among other things. Life is pretty good! She is working on that love thing right now…that's TBD.

Another intelligent woman. If she is labeled the party girl, has she been looking for Mr. Goodbar and finding him wanting? Can't wait to see what her dating problems might be.

From her bio, I don't see why she's called the party girl.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I don't see why she's called the "party girl" either; she's a lawyer, she's gone to one of the most presitigious law schools in the country, not to mention an awesome undergrad...so I'm not exactly sure why she's given that label.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    i dont even get her point too... maybe she's just expressing what life is all about...

I don't think party girl refers to the fact that she is not smart or uneducated. Just that she likes to go out and have fun and has not been engaging in her dates enough to get something long-term going on. I don't begrudge her having an active social life. But I do think that the drinking thing does perpetuate her difficulty in being taken seriously. And probably attracting someone who would be more interested in really getting to know her rather than having a good time.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think the blind date episode opened Kris's eyes. She said she "felt" something. Which is great. She's not going to rely on just looks, and hopefully meeting a guy outside of a party environment is just the thing she needs in order to not get distracted by them yummy little drinks of courage. I'm sure she will surprise us by the end of the show.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Maybe or she could discover she prefers the single life and dating.

+ Reply to Thread