+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/30 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I just had to jump in here for a second...............Does anyone else think that Dale Bozzio, the singer for missing persons is on CRACK????? OMG, did you see her flailing those arms around and that look on her face? It has been a while since I did see anyone who was on crack...but I'm totally being serious! She looked out of it! I had to turn it off this show was show bad..........
    kitty-cats rule!

I will look and see, but I will have to wait a few hours

Regardless I had fun flirting with him

I did not agree with the winner.

ETA: If they have shown me at all I have evil friends who will screen cap their hearts out.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I will look and see, but I will have to wait a few hours .
    At the very end they had a shot from up high. Where you right by the center part of the stage where the stage juts out into the audience?

Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    I just had to jump in here for a second...............Does anyone else think that Dale Bozzio, the singer for missing persons is on CRACK????? OMG, did you see her flailing those arms around and that look on her face? It has been a while since I did see anyone who was on crack...but I'm totally being serious! She looked out of it! I had to turn it off this show was show bad..........
    When they played here a couple of months ago the reporter for our alternative paper mentioned her being really out of it as well. I can't remember the exact details of the interview piece, but he mentioned that she was really messed up.

I love this show so much

Pre Show: I have one thing to say about this that made me a very happy girl. NO CHUNKY B. It was so refreshing to have someone else warm up the audience. Our groups got named…the ones voting were one, two and three, my group – which was to left of the stage if you were a performer was the Hot and Heavy group and the final group was called YEAH. I was basically at the same place I was for the Vanilla Ice show and it was nice to be on the dance floor again and not voting. Voting is highly overrated and I wouldn’t have agreed with the audience vote either.

We had the dance off again and it was fun, but not as good as the other shows that I went to.

Originals:

Juice Newton (Queen of Hearts): I thought that she looked amazing for her age, and no I am not saying that she is old. I am glad that she sang Queen of Hearts as Angel of the Morning bores me to no end. She had a nice group of fans in the voting section that were behind me…. so I guess section three.

Animotion (Obsession): Now these guys were totally awesome and had the crowd in the palm of their hand. The song was great but I really enjoyed watching them as performers and seeing how they interacted with each other and totally pulled the audience in. You could tell that they loved all the attention and because of the way they danced and acted the audience loved them even more. I think that they deserved to win on this performance alone.

Shannon (Let the music play): She is gorgeous, can dance, still has a great set of pipes and loved the audience. She was easily a crowd pleaser and I think she was the second best with her original song.

PM Dawn (Set adrift...): I had such high hopes for them as they were really whom I had come to see last night. I must admit though I was a little disappointed. Maybe it will sound better on live TV but I really wasn’t blown away.

Missing Persons (Words): Meh. I know on another board someone posted that they had some rabid fans there last night but I must have missed them. It was okay and definitely enjoyable, but not up to par with Shannon and Animotion as far as the first half goes.

Covers:

Juice (Pieces of me): I think that she did a nice job with the song. Much better voice than Ashlee, but I think that can be said about a lot of people. I wish that she had changed it up a bit, but overall it was good.

Animotion (Days go by): Now this was totally awesome. I love their whole stage presence and just that you can tell how much they love a live audience. Their voices sounded great to me and I thought that they had won it with this performance.

Shannon (Foolish): I am not an Ashanti fan but I really loved Shannon’s take on this song. At the beginning she relied too much on the background singers but after she took control of the song it was great.

PM Dawn (Blurry): Easily the best cover of the night. There is no question in my mind about that and the carnations were a nice touch. I still didn’t think they were the best over all but this was much better than their first performance.

Missing Persons (Can't get you out of my head): I honestly think that she was upset that she was not getting as much attention as the other artists. Her take on this song was good but nothing special and I think it was the worst cover of the night.

Announcement of the Winner:

Normally I don’t give this its own little section but tonight there is a reason for my madness.

At some point during the first half of the show Vernon said in his microphone: “Is there anyone from England here?” Well, as some of you know I am and I happen to have a dorky crush on Vernon so I yell back: “Yes, I am.” Trying to jump above the super tall dude in front of me so he can see me. Whiplash as some of the audience tries to find me. He asks: “Where are you from?” but then the producer goes 5 seconds and the crowd starts going wild as I try and yell where I am from and he tries to listen.

So during the next commercial break he is at my right side up on the stage and he gets my attention and mouths at me: “Where are you from?” Tall people all around me…so I sneak my way over to where he is and tell him where I am from and that I use to live in Bolton, where he is from, and we have a nice little conversation about home and my crush can now be upgraded slightly

I can hear you all screaming at me….Joelle what does this have to do with announcing the winner? Well he does that from the box in the middle of my side of the audience and lo and behold Vernon is right beside me. So I said some more dorky stuff as I am prone to do around guys that I crush on…I really need to stop that. He was very nice though and quite flirty back, so at least I didn’t look like a total idiot.

So PM Dawn wins….closest vote ever. As far as I am concerned Animotion was robbed.

But after their encore PM Dawn sings: I’d Die Without You (acapella no less) and I am SO VERY happy. I love that song. LOVE.

Vernon did his Mick Jagger impersonation and did an Elvis one when he was up on the box with us.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    At the very end they had a shot from up high. Where you right by the center part of the stage where the stage juts out into the audience?
    Kinda sorta....I might have moved that way after the big box was taken away.
    -Bono

I thought that Juice and Animotion did the best job with their originals (and to be honest, I didn't remember Missing Persons, or their song. I also thought that Juice and Animotion looked great (other than the multi-colored hair that Astrid was sporting.) I loved Juice's haircut. The rest...eh.

As for the covers, I thought that P.M. Dawn did a good job, but that Animotion was the best. Juice lost points because she did an Ashlee Simpson song, then was out of tune.

To be honest, I'm concerned about NBC bringing HMBOMT back to TV in August. They turned a nice summer reality series, "Last Comic Standing", which brought in good ratings, into a fall show that got beaten up; so much so that NBC didn't even air the final show (I'm still bitter!)

I have seen myself 6 times already
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    Chicago on Today tomorrow...are there any originals still in the band?
    Yes. Only 3 of the original members have left the band in Chicago's 35+ year history. Terry Kath died in 1978 of an accidental gunshot wound. Peter Cetera left in 1985 to pursue a solo career. Danny Seraphine left in 1990. Unless something has changed in the last few years, all of the "new" members have been with the band for at least 10 years.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Wow, was Shannon ever robbed. I love that song ever since my rollerrinking/discoqueening days (nevermind that I was about 13 at the time). She also did a great job on Foolish.

Missing Persons or Juice Newton may have been my next runners up, then PM dawn, and Animotion, and........

I think they mentioned that is was the season finale once. I liked that, it was a short-run series, for a charitable cause, not fame and ovation forever, and I like how it was low-key, and not some extravaganza.
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread