+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    So since the show is over here is my little write-up for you all:

Thanks so much JLUVS! I can't believe I missed this episode, but ONCE AGAIN, Veronica messed up! We should have a thread on here for my taping mishaps!!! I need Tivo! Though I'd probably mess that up too.

Thanks for clearing up some confusion I had while reading what was said in this thread. Sounds like I would have voted for Billy Vera too.
    Could does not mean should

I didn't really care for this show. The only act that I liked was Greg Kihn. I am glad that he didn't do Jeopardy, since I cannot hear that song without thinking of Weird Al. I wasn't a fan of Kihn back then, but I thought he sounded pretty good.

I didn't like Club Nouveau's type of music, but then and I don't like it any better now.

Billy Vera sounded nice, but ballads never go down well on this show.

I still don't understand why the audiences are for this show are so young (relative to the ages of the musical acts). Are they audiences from another show that they just keep around to tape this when the other show is done. Do young people actually dress up and go out to see acts like Glass Tiger?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I suspect that the "younger" audience members go to the show for the chance to see themselves on TV. You can read JLuvs account of being at the show, there are older people in the audience, they just are usually up front.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I suspect that the "younger" audience members go to the show for the chance to see themselves on TV. You can read JLuvs account of being at the show, there are older people in the audience, they just are usually up front.
    That makes sense, but often these young people are singing along with songs that were popular before they were born. I graduated from high school in 1976, but my favorite music was from the 50's and 60's at that time.

The majority of the people in the audience are "older". I really hate that word. Every week the OCA guys grab the pretty young things to put on the front rows. They have an age limit for the show so everyone there is older than 18 at a minimum but I would say most people there are my age, late twenties, and above.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I didn't mean to imply in any way that you aren't "younger",JLuvs, or that none of the "P.Y.T.s" aren't familiar with or fans of any of the performers.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Glass Tiger were really good and they are great performers. have seen them in concert many times. I knew they had 0 chance of winning because they are Canadian and most of their stuff is known alot more here than in the US. Most people didn't even know the words to the song and it was so popular. I thought they were the best!

I didn't mean to imply in any way that you aren't "younger",JLuvs, or that none of the "P.Y.T.s" aren't familiar with or fans of any of the performers.
    Oh I know that you didn't mean that. I think that if the OCA people put actual fans on the front rows they would have a bunch of normal looking people singing along to the words of the songs. But normal is not what these shows are about
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've just now had a chance to watch my tape and I have to admit that Thelma Houston looks darn good to be a grandma!!!....I was a little "shocked" at the short dresses she wore and the high heels she had on but ya know, more power to Granny if she can wear 'em and still look good in 'em...like someone else posted, she had gorgeous legs-why not show them off! She did a great performance on both songs. I enjoyed Greg Kihn...he looks like he would be a hoot to be around...like a prankster! I preferred the recorded version of Club Nouveau's "Lean on Me" rather than their performance on the show. Glass Tiger still seemed to be doing well...they have aged rather well...something rather attractive about the lead singer too! Billy Vera...ahh..high school memories with that song. His second song I wasn't crazy about but my son, who's 12, kept saying he had a "sad" look on his face when he was singing and they should pick him to win (my son is very tender-hearted and such a softie for "older" people!)
    I agree with another poster who posted that they should have the winner's all come back on one show and have them perform again and choose an overall winner and donate a larger sum to a charity of their choice.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I thought the Baha Men was supposed to be on this show? My son is the one that reminded me about it. Anyone know what happened?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread