+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I slept through the first half of the show so I missed the performances of the old songs. I thought Thelma sounded great on the Alicia Keyes song though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    As for the winner always/usually going last, it might be that the producers do the line up based on their rehearsal performances. The one that who they think has the best chance of winning goes last.
    That's my guess, too. And it's not limited to this show. Even on American Idol, people refer to the final performer as being in the "pimp slot".
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Whoever does the sound for this show needs to be shot.
    Ain't that the truth? The broadcast falls far short of the sound mix of the live performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Thelma must have been taking a nap and didn't have time to change out of her nightie. Once she actually started singing the memories came back and I enjoyed it - but not the Cabbage Patch Doll hairdo.
    haha! And when Miss Thelma did that pelvis thrust... I bet those people on the floor got a free peek! Lets hope she had on some undergarments.

I enjoyed everyone but Club Nuevo(?)... I did not like either of their performance's.

Billy was my favorite... and Greg coming in a close 2nd.

Now if Bryan Adams had came in and sang that back-up vocal to Glass Tiger... it would have been a whole other story. People seem to forget Mr. Adams had alot of great rock songs... before he started in the 1990's of doing movie soundtrack songs.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I think that Howard Jones was the only one who should have one who didn't, but that is just my opinion.
    We finally agree on something, JLuvs!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Question:

Is this all of the shows? Next week is the finale. I swore I read that NBC had decided to do another group of these shows for this summer. (Since NBC is having issues getting anyone to watch them in prime time.. they decided to a few more shows.)

What I was hoping is that it would turn into "best of" show with all the winners coming back to earn a bigger check for their charity.

And I spy that Night Ranger is not listed as a guest next week... so I must have dreamed that I saw them listed as an upcoming band. Yet I am looking forward to Juice Newton! Now if they could bring out Kim Karnes... I could relive my junior high years...

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    To clarify: Vernon Kay is from Bolton, Lancashire, England, UK. There are 2 other Bolton's in England (Bolton, Cumbria, England, GB; Bolton, North Yorkshire, England, GB) sorry, just a stickler for that kinda stuff. It's his northern accent that throws people off.
    It is northern! I'm not going crazy. When I looked up "Bolton" in an atlas, I only came up with the one in central England. Thank you, Chorita, for clarifying that I haven't lost my ear yet
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Question:

Is this all of the shows? Next week is the finale. I swore I read that NBC had decided to do another group of these shows for this summer. (Since NBC is having issues getting anyone to watch them in prime time.. they decided to a few more shows.)
    The show from this week and the one from next week are the ones that were added.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Greg Kihn sounded great on his first song (though I wish he had sung "Jeopardy", but that's just me. I did not like his version of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" at all.

I thought Club Nouveau did really well on both songs. I was particularly surprised with how much I enjoyed their version of "Thank You".

Glass Tiger has held up pretty well, and I thought they did a good job with their first song. It is their song, after all. I thought the sounded OK on "Everything You Want", but that song has really never done anything for me, so I was rather non-plussed.

I've always been a huge fan of Billy Vera's "At This Moment", so it was nice to hear it again. He did well on "True", too; in fact, I think I like his version more than the original.

Thelma Houston was awesome! "Don't Leave Me This Way" brought back lots of memories, and I thought she sounded great. I thought her interpretation of "Fallin'" was spot on, too. Once word of advice, though, for Thelma: stop wearing those mini-skirts!

One word about the host with the most... height, teeth AND fashion sense. I'm guessing his blinding shirts are meant to be retro, but they are still hard to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Once word of advice, though, for Thelma: stop wearing those mini-skirts!
    That was my first thought too considering that she is an older lady, but then I realized that she has got really great legs!! I hope mine look that good when I am her age!!!

+ Reply to Thread