+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here find Vernon Kay annoying?

FORT Fan

Anyone else here find Vernon Kay annoying?

Show of hands please!

The reality TV era has not only brought out the worst contestants (need I mention some) and the worst ideas (let's put them all in a house for a month and see what happens - Big Brother; let's have a ditsy blonde choose between 12 nerds - Average Joe) but also the worst hosts: Julie Chan (Big Brother - TV's most obnoxious and vacuous personality); the guy who hosts Fear Factor (which I don't watch, so I don't know his name); Anne Robinson (hosted a quiz show on NBC that flopped); the foulmouth chef Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen); the other guy who did the first season of American Idol, most hosts on MTV; the guys at Access Hollywood; now Vernon Kay, ... The only hosts that I like are Jeff Probst (Survivor) and Ryan Seacrest (American Idol). What do you think?

His accent is the worst. I just cannot tolerate it. It even distracts me from his teeth.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I love him, but he is from the same part of England as me. I use to have the same accent as him when I was younger. He is exactly like my friend Robin and that in itself brings a goofy grin to my face
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Height

As someone's mentioned somewhere else on FORT... Vernon Kay must be freakishly tall because everyone, anyone who stands next to him looks exceptionally small.

He's the most annoying of all the hosts I've seen... and I've seen a lot of 'em.

As always... just my opinion.

{{showing hand}}

His teeth! The only other thing that distracts me from his annoying teeth, are his gargantua-long fingers!

I'd vote him the worse.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I get a kick out of his accent, except for the fact that it always distracts me trying to place it. JLuvs, where in England does it come from? It sounds very northern, but there's something distinctive about it.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    I get a kick out of his accent, except for the fact that it always distracts me trying to place it. JLuvs, where in England does it come from? It sounds very northern, but there's something distinctive about it.

I am 99 % sure he comes from the Bolton area....as we all talk like him there.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M
    As someone's mentioned somewhere else on FORT... Vernon Kay must be freakishly tall because everyone, anyone who stands next to him looks exceptionally small.
    according to imdb.com, he is 6'4". That cannot be right, everyone else looks at least a foot shorter than he is...unless they are all 5'4"? I know 6'4" is tall, but he looks gigantic!

and it also says he is from Bolton, so add that extra 1% Jluvs!

and yes, I find him annoying!

Thanks, Jluvs! His accent is just so distinctive. I love trying to identify regional accents . I was thinking north, but I didn't realize Bolton was so central.

I'm better with American accents
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-17-2005 at 11:40 PM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I love his accent, reminds me of home **sniff**

If you like accents you'd have fun with mine, jasmar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast