+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    Man, the guys do not age well on this show. Except Vanilla Ice. I think he signed some kind of deal with Satan......
    I think that happened when he snagged Queen's bass line.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Wow, after 25 years since Fame, Irene looks wonderful. But this song falls into the category of "compulsively switched stations to avoid it way too many times in the 80s" for me.

Wang Chung redux: What a disgusting song - that Nelly thing. I knew there was a reason I quit paying any attention to hip hop about 20 years ago.

Sophie looks more her age in this segment, and she seems as though she's trying too hard to throw in a little Janis. Pretty song, though. Never heard of it. But I've never heard of any of the songs from this round (just like last time).

Oh man, I just recognized "1985." Caught it by accident at the gym one day on VH1, and was too horrifyingly mesmerized to turn away.

Howard Jones absolutely does not belong on this show. He's as good now as he was in the day. I'd actually buy an album. That was sublime.

I wonder if Irene's a smoker? Her voice has that sound to it.

Okay, time to turn it off now, since I read who the winner is.

Thanks goodness for that smiley, 'cause I don't use those words any more.
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-17-2005 at 12:50 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpep
    Another studio full of clueless idiots. Perhaps the tickets are given away to California jury members?

Nope they are given away to people like me
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal
    This is just wrong.

Anybody know if JLuvs was at this one?
    Nope....this was taped three weeks ago. I will be at the next two shows with some other FORTers.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here are my comments on tonights show and I know they aren't going to be popular at all after reading the thread tonight.

Irene Cara was by far my favorite tonight. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think her voice was the best, but I do think that she involved the crowd the most and that my friends is how you win this show.

Involving the crowd and keeping them awake are two things that you have to do and Howard Jones was one big yawn to me. Sure he has a great voice but I want to be entertained and he was so not entertaining to me.

Sophie was great too as was Cameo, but overall I liked Irene more than all the others tonight put together.

All I can say about the Baja Men is ----Mariner are you ready for another long Thursday ?
    Last edited by JLuvs; 06-17-2005 at 01:18 AM.
    -Bono

FORT Fan
    For me it would have been a tough call between Cameo and Howard Jones. I think they were both really good and I would have been pleased if either had won.

It seems to me the show might be a little more interesting if we had some clue who the audience preffered during the show. I'm not saying they should boo anyone they don't care for. It just seems that they react exactly the same to every performance. It makes me wonder if they are instructed beforehand to be that enthusiastic for everyone. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Nope they are given away to people like me
    Thank goodness! since it looks like only you & I appreciate Vanilla Ice... I did not realize people were still in violent hate mode for him till this board...

Tonights show... I actually like all of them but Irene Cara.

To me she has done the same thing Whitney Houston has done... they have done things that damage their voice's.. things they knew that would. And now they can not carry out an actual note...on their own hits. I will say that Miss Irene hair looked great.

I love love Cameo... and I just loved a man wearing his red codpiece and matching red feather cuffs. The best part for me... he sounded like the original song.

Howard Jones & Wang Cung... for me... were the best on both songs. I loved seeing white guys doing the Nelly song... how great was that!?! And Howard still has a lovely voice...

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    For me it would have been a tough call between Cameo and Howard Jones. I think they were both really good and I would have been pleased if either had won.

It seems to me the show might be a little more interesting if we had some clue who the audience preffered during the show. I'm not saying they should boo anyone they don't care for. It just seems that they react exactly the same to every performance. It makes me wonder if they are instructed beforehand to be that enthusiastic for everyone. Thanks
    I will tell you this. We do react differently for each performance. The sound is way toned down though. If they put the normal audience sound on each week you wouldn't even hear the performers as the crowd is that loud with each song, if they like it. We couldn't even hear Vanilla Ice when I was there.

The winner would most likely be given away the first time the host says who is going to be on the show at the beginning if they had the crowd at normal volume.
    -Bono

I do have a question... did anyone but me see that Night Ranger is suppose to be on the show? I know I saw a commercial announcing them.

And next week: Thelma Houston, Baha Men, Greg Kihn Band & Glass Tiger. So were is Night Ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I do have a question... did anyone but me see that Night Ranger is suppose to be on the show? I know I saw a commercial announcing them.

And next week: Thelma Houston, Baha Men, Greg Kihn Band & Glass Tiger. So were is Night Ranger?
    There is one person that needs to be still added to the site. Maybe that is who it is.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread