+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/16: Howard Jones

6/16: Howard Jones

From the official site:

In 1983, Jones had a string of hits in the UK including his first single "New Song" and the follow-up "What is Love?". His debut album, Human's Lib, consequently debuted at number one on the UK charts in April, 1984. This success spread across the globe with Human's Lib going gold in the U.S., Japan, Germany, Italy and Australia.

The second album, Dream into Action, fared even better spawning a string of hits like "Like to Get to Know You Well,' "Things Can Only Get Better," and "No One Is to Blame." Dream Into Action went platinum in the United States and remained in the Top 20 album list for almost a year. More recently, Jones has released numerous albums and continues to perform and tour in the UK.

Howard Jones is also performing:

"White Flag" (Dido)
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I remember going to see him in concert in Dallas back when I was in college. He put on a great show then...hopefully he can do the same now.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    LONG time HJ fan here. I think he's terrific.

I loved Dream into Action.

What on earth is he doing here with these other performers?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I hope he does Things Can Only Get Better, or else No One Is To Blame.

I don't have a clue who this person is. Do you think that he could win over a young voting audience? As the audience might be full of people who have never heard of him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I sang myself hoarse to his album when I was a teen. I can't wait to see him!

Jluvs, his songs were very catchy, bouncy tunes, I would say. I know I've heard him in a movie soundtrack somewhere, so you might have heard him and not known it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I just heard "No One is to Blame" at the grocery store!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I don't have a clue who this person is. Do you think that he could win over a young voting audience? As the audience might be full of people who have never heard of him.
    Which is my only beef with this show. They need to combine acts of similar eras. Put 90s acts together in a show, 80s in a separate one, etc.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I HoJo!! I saw him in concert back in the early 90's here....TOTALLY AMAZING! There MIGHT have been 100 folks in the audience and we had a table straight in front of him....it was just Howard on keyboards and someone playing percussion. Completely amazing, I'm SO looking forward to seeing him this week.

JLuvs, Hep is right...you probably have heard his tunes and just don't realize it. No One is to Blame is a constant on Muzak type systems everywhere (I hear it at work in my grocery store on a daily basis). The others mentioned in his bio, Like to Get to Know You Well and Things Can Only Get Better have both had decent radio play over the years (the 2nd one is pretty much a constant on 80's best of type things).

FORT Fogey
    I loved him when I was in college; I must have biked 2,000 miles with "Dream Into Action" playing on my Walkman.

I saw him in Denver about 10 years ago, opening for Benjamin Orr. He was still fantastic. I think he'll be great, so he probably will lose the competition on the 16th of June.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast