+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/16: Howard Jones

Count me as rooting for No One Is To Blame. I can't wait to see Howard Jones.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I hope he does No One is to Blame. It's the only thing that I am looking forward to on this week's show.
    Hasn't White Flag been played enough for this century?

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    I hope he does No One is to Blame. It's the only thing that I am looking forward to on this week's show.
    Hasn't White Flag been played enough for this century?
    It says on the official site which of his songs he will be singing so you can always check there if you want to know.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Another fan here!

I thought he was adorable last night.. such memories when I hear his music. He's a class act!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I agree. He was by far my favorite last night. He made poor choices if he wanted to win, but I think he just wanted to sing. I may have to go buy another copy of Dream Into Action. I long ago wore out my cassette tape.

I really liked him last night.

Thanks for all your help in trying to get me to know who he is with the songs. I have lots of them now, but I had honestly never heard him before last night.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I agree with Mariner - it may not have been the best choice if he wanted to win, but he just seemed to enjoy singing so much. I thought his voice was well suited for that song, even though it's, what, high tenor? I love his voice so much that I really enjoyed it. The other person on my couch wasn't familiar with him, and he didn't think his performance was anything special.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I just love his style - much more so than Sting's type of jazz. ITA he wasn't performing to win, per se. I wonder if, with his 13 years of "inner peace," he even does the upbeat stuff anymore. Most of the time, I don't care for the result when rockers age and go completely mellow, but he just has such a way with phrasing, tempo, and counterbeat, I loved it. I'd buy an album. (I had to throw out my record collection, which included Dream into Action, a few years ago b/c it was damaged in a flood .)
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

i thought howard jones was by far the best last night! i thought his voice was still as strong. i love him! and even though i can't STAND dido, i thought he did a great job with white flag. i read somewhere that he was hoping this show would reintroduce him so he could kick off his career again.

I liked both songs that Howard Jones did, but I thought that the audience did their best to kill White Flag. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to hear White Flag without the annoying drum machine that seems to be necessary to be played on the radio these days. But the audience for some reason insisted on clapping all the way through it, even though the clapping didn't really suit the performance of the song.
    I also knew that singing 2 ballads meant that Howard Jones was not going to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast