+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who would you liked to have seen?

Who would you liked to have seen?

My votes, in terms of cheese factor and potential entertainment value would have to include the Bay City Rollers, Sugar Hill Gang, Madness, Men Without Hats (but they'd have to bring the dancing midgets), Dexie's Midnight Runners (I think that was the name - the "Come On, Eileen" guys). In the "Artsy-Fartsy, Teen-Aged Angst" category, my nominations include Love & Rockets, Psychedelic Furs, and REM.

Oh, and on a serious note, I would LOVE to see Blondie!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Bauhaus, if we're dreamin'. Crowded House, The Clash. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for DEVO, although I can't imagine them covering a contemporary song. (Somebody is using their "Uncontrollable Urge" in their car commercial and it drives me nuts to hear it, I want to hear the rest! )

Blondie would be cool, Jasmar.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

How could I forget the Clash? Bauhaus freaked me out back then, even in BC days (before Christianity), but they did a killer cover of Eno's "Third Uncle."
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

The GoGo's, Pat Benatar, Berlin, The Steve Miller Band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Gloria Gaynor, and Peaches and Herb. I know a lot of these are more 1970's acts, but I'd love to hear them.
    Last edited by Mariner; 06-07-2005 at 02:01 AM.

Most of the acts I would have picked are going to be there this week.

Still singing Ice, Ice Baby
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Bauhaus, if we're dreamin'.
    I'm dying at the thought of an aged Peter Murphy crooning, "Bela Lugosi's dead! Undead! Undead! Undead!" in front of a room of bemused audience members.

You know what, this is a great question. But honestly, if any band I truly loved were to ever appear on this show, I would become severely depressed. I mean, I'd hope they have a little more self-respect to appear on this career-killer.

That said, I really miss the band Squeeze and would love to see them perform again, just once. Anyone remember them?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    That said, I really miss the band Squeeze and would love to see them perform again, just once. Anyone remember them?
    *hums tempted by the fruit of another and black coffee in bed to self*

Now I'm going to have to dig out my cd Snowy.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    SFG - I love Squeeze! Hourglass is one of their later songs and I still love it.

I'd love to see Soft Cell (Tainted Love), Madness, Kajagoogoo (I LOVED Limahl), The Thompson Twins, Shalimar and Jodi Watley. Just some bad 80's music come back to life. LOL

I LOVE Crowded House, but the Finn brothers still do alot together, so they're still heavily involved in music, so I'm sure it would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    SFG - I love Squeeze! Hourglass is one of their later songs and I still love it.

I'd love to see Soft Cell (Tainted Love), Madness, Kajagoogoo (I LOVED Limahl), The Thompson Twins, Shalimar and Jodi Watley. Just some bad 80's music come back to life. LOL

I LOVE Crowded House, but the Finn brothers still do alot together, so they're still heavily involved in music, so I'm sure it would never happen.
    OOOH! Soft Cell and the Thompson Twins. How could I have forgotten. I actually listen to my Best of Crowded House cd all the time. I guess I wouldn't put them in quite the same category as some of these other acts.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Bauhaus, if we're dreamin'. Crowded House, The Clash. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for DEVO, although I can't imagine them covering a contemporary song. (Somebody is using their "Uncontrollable Urge" in their car commercial and it drives me nuts to hear it, I want to hear the rest! )

Blondie would be cool, Jasmar.
    Actually, Mark Mothersbaugh (sp) does the music for a lot of Wes Anderson's films (eg Rushmore). I could totally see them doing a kicking rendition of a contemporary song. I'm all in for Devo.

I also would like to see Squeeze. I was singing along to Tempted in the car the other day. What a classic. But alas I don't think this will ever happen. They didn't get together on Bands Reunited. Broke my heart

Who else I would liked to see:
    Hairbands - Lita Ford, Poison, Ratt
    80's pop - The Human League, New Order,
    90's - Concrete Blond
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast