+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Who would you liked to have seen?

I would have liked to see, The Dream Academy, Trash Can Sinatras, ABC, The Fixx, The Blow Monkeys, Swing Out Sister, Thompson Twins, When in Rome, Spandau Ballet, Soft Cell, Aztec Camera, Fiction Factory, KajaGooGoo, Yaz, 'Til Tuesday, Matthew Wilder, After the Fire, Cock Robin, Basia, Terence Trent D'Arby, The Romantics, Devo, The Vapors, Gary Numan, The Cars, Trio, Thompson Twins, Men at Work, Human League, Joe Jackson, Peter Schilling, Naked Eyes, Big Country, Yes, General Public, Sheila E., A-ha, Simple Minds, Bananarama, OMD, Alphaville, Ultravox, The Smithereens, XTC, The Church, The The, Psychedelic Furs, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Billy Bragg, Jane's Addiction, The Hooters, Cocteau Twins, Modern English, Hoodoo Gurus, The Boomtown Rats, China Crisis, Information Society, Re-Flex, Real Life, Burgeois Tagg, The Colourfield, Prefab Sprout.
    Last edited by JonasGrumby; 07-01-2005 at 03:24 PM.

[QUOTE=Warhol]Actually, a-ha is still busy recording albums and playing to sold-out arenas internationally. So I doubt they'd stoop to doing a campy retro show in the States. (by the way.... their recent stuff is fantastic....and altogether different from the early stuff).

As for other bands/singers mentioned above.....aside from the dead ones, obviously (i.e. Falco, Holly "Frankie" Johnson of Frankie Goes To Hollywood, etc.)....a lot of them would be great. Gee.....I remember seeing so many of them perform live during the 80's.
    QUOTE]

Taco and Toni Basil can be categorized in the cheesy group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol

As for other bands/singers mentioned above.....aside from the dead ones, obviously (i.e. Falco, Holly "Frankie" Johnson of Frankie Goes To Hollywood, etc.)....
    I know a couple of us were a bit surprised to find out that Holly Johnson is still with us when they did the VH-1 Bands Reunited show. (on which he was the one that let the rest of the band down....they all were ready and willing to put on a show, but he wasn't into it) Just thought I'd toss that out there for ya. It was very strange cause we'd thought he had passed as well.

For the ones who wanted to see R.E.M. and Pet Shop Boys and Duran Duran, they just played at the just concluded LIVE 8. So you shouldn't put them into the "Hit Me..." category.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789