+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who would you liked to have seen?

I would love to see Men Without Hats, A-ha, and Color Me Badd. I'd also love to see Toni Basil, the Thompson Twins, and Styx.

BTW, I read this board all throughout AI3 and 4, TAR 6 and 7, and for whatever reason never signed up before. Yet "Hit Me Baby" provided the impetus to register. LOL

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys
    I would love to see Men Without Hats, A-ha, and Color Me Badd. I'd also love to see Toni Basil, the Thompson Twins, and Styx.

BTW, I read this board all throughout AI3 and 4, TAR 6 and 7, and for whatever reason never signed up before. Yet "Hit Me Baby" provided the impetus to register. LOL

It's great to have you on board!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Thank you. :-) There were times when I wanted to reply to people and then I'd think, "Oh yeah, I haven't registered yet." Now I can jump in and comment.

A-Ha
    Buggles
    MC Hammer
    Men at Work
    Madness

FORT Regular
    How could "Hit Me" have possibly ignored Roxette? 16 years later, "The Look" still sounds better than 90% of today's top 40 radio swill. It would also have been nice to see Fine Young Cannibals doing "She Drives Me Crazy," if only to hear whether or not Roland Gift can still hit those sky high falsetto notes.

Billy Idol.

But not "Dancing with Myself."
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by johannaauthor
    A-Ha
    Buggles
    MC Hammer
    Men at Work
    Madness
    Ditto all of them! A-Ha is touring in Scandinavia, so it wouldn't be difficult to get them all together again.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    Ditto all of them! A-Ha is touring in Scandinavia, so it wouldn't be difficult to get them all together again.
    Actually, a-ha is still busy recording albums and playing to sold-out arenas internationally. So I doubt they'd stoop to doing a campy retro show in the States. (by the way.... their recent stuff is fantastic....and altogether different from the early stuff).

As for other bands/singers mentioned above.....aside from the dead ones, obviously (i.e. Falco, Holly "Frankie" Johnson of Frankie Goes To Hollywood, etc.)....a lot of them would be great. Gee.....I remember seeing so many of them perform live during the 80's.

Let's see....

-- The Clash at NY's Shea Stadium (opening for the Who)

-- Madness at a gig in London

-- Big Country at a WNEW-fm X-mas concert at Madison Square Garden

-- Duran Duran at MSG

-- Thompson Twins at the Beacon Theater in NYC

-- INXS at the Beacon Theater

-- Billy Idol at the Beacon Theater

-- New Order, Gene Loves Jezebel, and Echo & The Bunnymen together at an outdoor gig in Phoenix, AZ

etc....etc....etc....

It sure was nice when concert tickets were $15 instead of $75-100....

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    My votes, in terms of cheese factor and potential entertainment value would have to include the Bay City Rollers, Sugar Hill Gang, Madness, Men Without Hats (but they'd have to bring the dancing midgets), Dexie's Midnight Runners (I think that was the name - the "Come On, Eileen" guys). In the "Artsy-Fartsy, Teen-Aged Angst" category, my nominations include Love & Rockets, Psychedelic Furs, and REM.

Oh, and on a serious note, I would LOVE to see Blondie!
    REM???? I can't believe you put REM in the same category!

I thought Animotion was super cheezy last night. I found them super cheezy then, and so much so now. You may replace a few of your selections with Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Billy Ocean, Tom Waits, Rockwell, Samantha Fox, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Rick Astley, Air Supply, Glen Medeiros, Menudo...oh..and Rico Suave!
    Last edited by JonasGrumby; 07-01-2005 at 02:27 PM.

Night Ranger was one of the names that popped up on one of the commercials - so where were they at and why didn't they perform? I would like to see them!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

+ Reply to Thread