+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who would you liked to have seen?

Or the B52s, sans Fred (is that the one who died?). Unfortunately, I would have to ban "Love Shack" in favor of something much less annoying, like "Butterbean."
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    Teenage Head, Headpins, Lee Aaron
    Too Canadian, Shyra. BTW. the Headpins still tour, on the festival and bar circuit.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Or the B52s, sans Fred (is that the one who died?). Unfortunately, I would have to ban "Love Shack" in favor of something much less annoying, like "Butterbean."
    Oh no, Fred Schneider is very alive. Ricky Wilson, Cindy's brother, passed on.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Thanks, Tex. It's been a loooong time since I've kept up with any of these folks.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Wow... some great choices mentioned -- Men Without Hats and Dexie's Midnight Runners would be great!!
    Adam Ant singing "goody Two shoes" could be very interesting (but he doesn't look that good these days... I've seen him acting on TV).
    Boy George?? He looks like a FREAK these days - his head is shaved and painted (saw him on one of those MTV "I love the 80's" shows).

I don't think anyone has mentioned Platinum Blonde, Honeymoon Suite or General Public... and I wish Heart was still touring (I don't care if they're overweight - they sure can SING!)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    The lead singer, Patty Smyth, is married to John McEnroe...they've been married for awhile.
    Patty Smyth was from Scandal, not Quarterflash

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Patty Smyth was from Scandal, not Quarterflash
    Ya know...I thought today, in the middle of working on a legal document "Hey dumba$$...Patty Smyth wasn't from Quarterflash..she was from Scandal"....see how long it takes for me to realize something? and I'm not even blonde (no offense to the blondes out there!!!)

Forgive me for my ignorance..........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Ya know...I thought today, in the middle of working on a legal document "Hey dumba$$...Patty Smyth wasn't from Quarterflash..she was from Scandal"....see how long it takes for me to realize something? and I'm not even blonde (no offense to the blondes out there!!!)

Forgive me for my ignorance..........

- hey I usually remember those things in the shower!!
    Of course, ever since I posted that earlier, I've been singing "The Warrior" over and over and over....and over. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    - hey I usually remember those things in the shower!!
    Of course, ever since I posted that earlier, I've been singing "The Warrior" over and over and over....and over. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    Crap. Now it's running through my head. Bang, bang, I am the warrior...

I have another nomination (I was listening to an all-'80's lunch hour thing on the radio yesterday) - Billy Squier. Remember The Stroke?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Crap. Now it's running through my head. Bang, bang, I am the warrior...

I have another nomination (I was listening to an all-'80's lunch hour thing on the radio yesterday) - Billy Squier. Remember The Stroke?
    Oh I loved him...he was so sexy!!! I thought of someone tonight while watching the show that would be a hoot to see (and I was a HUGE fan of his)...how 'bout David Lee Roth???? Would he not be hilarious up there singing "California Girls"???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread