+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who would you liked to have seen?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    See, this thread is a bit of a trick question, because while I love a lot of the bands I see mentioned in people's posts, I think they are far too good for this show.
    I agree that some listed may be "too good" for the show but also maybe to the general public, some of these people have "disappeared". Unless you are a die hard fan of someone in particular or you read message boards like this, then you are not usually aware of what your faves from way back when are doing now, especially if what they are doing are behind the scenes. That's the only reason I have listed some of the people previously that I would like to see...Do I think any of them will appear on this show? Nah probably not but it never hurts to hope.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Bananarama, Color Me Badd (c'mon, the joke value is stong with them!) Expose, and The Jetts (could they reunite all 17 of them??)
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Another definitely cheesy nomination. The Bangles doing "Walk Like an Egyptian"

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    See, this thread is a bit of a trick question, because while I love a lot of the bands I see mentioned in people's posts, I think they are far too good for this show.
    So true. That was why, in my original post, I tried to list bands who aren't still out there, as far as I know (which isn't very far, since I don't follow any of them anymore).

Maybe we could begin a lobby for a PBS 80s special. We 30-somethings have money, too!

And I'll add Fishbone to the list. Last time I was downtown, I saw their name as an opening act for some band I'd never heard of. How the mighty have fallen
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Bananarama, Color Me Badd (c'mon, the joke value is stong with them!) Expose, and The Jetts (could they reunite all 17 of them??)
    Oh...great choices!!!! I still have a Color Me Badd cassette....Expose I saw in concert here at the local college back many moons ago....I enjoyed the show...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    So true. That was why, in my original post, I tried to list bands who aren't still out there, as far as I know (which isn't very far, since I don't follow any of them anymore).

Maybe we could begin a lobby for a PBS 80s special. We 30-somethings have money, too!
    Quite true. I haven't followed many either. It seems to me that the majority of the bands that appeared on the great 80s movie soundtracks would be good picks... The Plimsouls, Flesh for Lulu, Charlie Sexton, The March Violets... I could go on and on.

And, of course, that list includes Fishbone (Say Anything). Wow - I forgot they even existed. Thanks for reminding me!

I'd like to see what happened to Quarterflash...I loved them!

Last I heard Valerie something-or-other was still working. I remember before they went national and were called Seafood Mama (although I was too young to go to the nightclubs back then).

Anyway, I was just thinking that based on that results of the last two weeks, it would have been nice if they had grouped all the 90s acts in one show, since they're still mostly fresh in the memories of the viewers. Then the 70s and 80s performers would have more of a chance.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

The Romantics, The Outfield, or the Hooters.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

My two picks:
    Oingo Boingo and Boy George

or Falco and George Michael.... either way....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread