+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who would you liked to have seen?

CONCRETE BLONDE!! That's my vote!

And I looove the idea of Devo on this. They could do the tongue-in-cheek thing very well. Devo was the first album I bought for myself. Ah, fond memories.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Regular
    I'm all for getting Devo on there....I'm a huge fan. Those guys were way ahead of their time.

Somebody mentioned New Order....those guys are still very much alive and kicking. They just put out a new release recently (after 8 years) "Waiting For The Siren's Call" and it's really, really good. I highly recommend it.

Since 80's retro is still by far my favorite genre of music, I can think of lots of bands I'd like to see on the show: Thompson Twins, Simple Minds, The Fixx, ABC, Berlin, Frankie Goes To Hollywood.....the list goes on and on.

FORT Fogey
    I'd love to see what Spandau Ballet's up to these days.

Spandau Ballet's WEBSITE

Pom, I swear the lead singer of the Wiggles (a kid's band) sounds like Spandau Ballet. I had to research the Wiggles to make sure they weren't the same person when I heard them.

Echo & the Bunnymen had a good sound. I would say Oingo Boingo but I know Danny Elfman has a highly successful career making soundtracks for Hollywood movies.

ETA: Ooh, I would love to see Guns & Roses show up on this show, wouldn't that be a hoot?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

From the 80's. The best dang decade in music!!! (the 50's come a close second)

Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
    Cory Hart - Sunglasses at Night
    Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
    Last edited by karen14; 06-07-2005 at 08:45 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Morris Day and the Time, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Kool & the Gang, The Jets, Right said Fred, Bananarama, Taylor Dayne, Hanson, Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories, Katrina and the Waves, Tone Loc, KC & the Sunshine Band, Cheryl Lynn, Pointer Sisters, Wild Cherry, Peaches & Herb, Evelyn Champagne King, Billy Ocean, Shannon.........I could go on and on down memory lane.............
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    From the 80's. The best dang decade in music!!! (the 50's come a close second)

Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
    Cory Hart - Sunglasses at Night
    Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
    Oh, Cory Hart was *so* fine back in the 80's...Adam Ant-gosh when I hear Goody 2 shoes, I still wanna jump up and dance....and hey...I also liked Paul Young too.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    I second ABC. That would be wonderful. I'd like to see Frankie Goes to Hollywood as well. And Visage. That would be a dream. Bauhaus would kill me, I think. The Damned would be very cool, but totally wrong as well.

I've seen Soft Cell mentioned on many boards, and I just have to finally break down and stick up for my Marc Almond, who has been my idol since high school. The guy has written loads of music since SC - even an opera - and has been recording non-stop for the past two decades. He does pretty subversive stuff, because he was pretty turned off by the popularity game. If he showed up it would be a violation of everything he stands for and I would have to slit my wrists.

Sorry...rant over

Rant away, marvelomaven! I too am a big fan of Marc Almond. s The house is haunted, by the echo of your last goodbye...

See, this thread is a bit of a trick question, because while I love a lot of the bands I see mentioned in people's posts, I think they are far too good for this show.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    See, this thread is a bit of a trick question, because while I love a lot of the bands I see mentioned in people's posts, I think they are far too good for this show.
    very true. and many mentioned are still doing well

I liked the Thomas Dolby nomination, and I'd back that up with Wang Chung

too bad we can't see Millie Vanillie on there, they would have been perfect for the show.

+ Reply to Thread